Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Current vBulletin SEO Ready or Is vbseo Needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Current vBulletin SEO Ready or Is vbseo Needed?

I was wondering if the current version of vBulletin SEO ready or is vbseo needed/recommended?

Also my understanding is if I purchase vBulletin version 4, I will get all free updates from 4.x.x?

What kind of hosting is recommended? Would shared hosting be enough or VPS needed?

Thank You.

If all you really needed was 'friendly urls', vb4 does that (thats typically what most look for in 'SEO').

Keep note that if youre upgrading from an existing vb3 forum, changing the url structure will usually mess your SEO, you might wish to keep the same url structure (a common issue usually resulting from too eager structure changing without understanding what effect it can have on pre-existing urls before your site gets recrawled or updated sitemaps are submitted).

vbseo is continually improved, so if any extra oomph is worth the investment for you, by all means feel free to get it.
    More than just 'SEO', vbseo adds welcome tools, analytics and features into the mix, whose presence could be considered indispensable, but too divergent from SEO to be added in the core vbulletin.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if the H1 tag is editable in vbulletin?

Comment

Originally posted by koolttt View Post
        Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if the H1 tag is editable in vbulletin?
        yes, it is
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

So what happens when you are running VB 3.8 and VBSEO, and upgrade to VB4 and don't reinstall VBSEO? I don't want to screw up existing URLs from search engines.

Do I need to keep VBSEO? (I don't care about other VBSEO features)
          Do I need to do something specific when upgrading to VB4 to keep URLs intact?
          Thanks....

Comment