VBulletin 4.xx publishing suite/Hosting Matters good or bad idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBulletin 4.xx publishing suite/Hosting Matters good or bad idea

I'm about to purchase VB P Suite and use Hosting Matters unless another host site suggestion is made here. Personal Sports forum new domain

Questions I have are

1. What add ons will I need to install after VB is installed?
    2. What Anti Spam software should I get.
    3. Will VB Suite work ok on this host site?

Since I've never did a website before I think I will get VB Professional install so they do it right.

Thanks

1. You do not need to install any add-ons.
    2. Not sure what you mean. Please explain.
    3. vBulletin requires a web server that includes PHP (minimum version 5.2.0) and MySQL (minimum 4.1.0) installed. It is recommended to use PHP 5.2.6, or later and MySQL 5.0.19 or later. As long as you have a host or server that meets these requirements you will be able to install and run our software.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I've never heard of HostingMatters but the fact they advertise unmetered disk space and bandwidth and advertise reselling accounts it doesn't make me think too highly of them as a host. vBulletin may install but you want more than just an install, you want it to run smoothly. I suggest reading the hosting discussions on this site and other forum admin friendly sites before choosing your host.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X