Plans for the CMS - some questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans for the CMS - some questions...

After seeing a few sites from the backend, and helping develop them along the way I'm considering VB as an addition to my sites. (Love working with it btw guys, thank you!)

One of the things in the CMS that I see is lacking (not by much) are what we call "visual" modules. (I know they are called widgets) As an example, a who's online widget that displays the user's avatar.

I'm using Joomla, WP and a couple others as a reference because thats where my area of expertise lies. I'm hoping that given the migration of CMS softwares towards the "community" engine styling, VB CMS will evolve over time to include some of these features as standard.

In other words, it's important when creating/using some widgets to have the option at least to include avatars. Even having some as an example would allow someone to alter them to suit.

I guess what I'm digging for here is what direction does the team have in mind for the CMS? Knowing what the future holds can make a difference here because after multiple licenses with different CMS products has left me pretty picky (and I mean to be just an educated buyer mind you).

Thank for insight guys!

As well as the pre-written widgets that come with the CMS, you have the ability to add your own custom widgets by entering PHP code directly into the configuration screen for one (there is also a Static HTML option). I don't have any information on any additional widgets that will be released in coming versions.

Note, there is already an add-on over at our customisation site www.vbulletin.org for a Who's Online Widget but it doesn't show their avatars, just usernames:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=230428
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Working...
    X