X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkham
    replied
    Originally posted by KW802 View Post
    As Steve mentioned, it has never been a stock vBulletin feature.

However there are some hacks over at vBulletin.org for it. For vBulletin 3.x I used to use a modified version of this one. I stopped using it so I don't know if there has been any recent development for a vBulletin 4.x version.
    Yep, someone provided instructions on how to get that mod to work with 4.x. There's still an issue with attachments though, apparently.

Leave a comment:

• KW802
    replied
    Originally posted by SnoSheriff View Post
    Is it possible to have a newsgroup-to-forum and forum-to-newsgroup bi-directional feed? I'd like to import the newsgroup content into the forums. Also, I'd like the forum replies to feed back to the newsgroup... ...
    As Steve mentioned, it has never been a stock vBulletin feature.

However there are some hacks over at vBulletin.org for it. For vBulletin 3.x I used to use a modified version of this one. I stopped using it so I don't know if there has been any recent development for a vBulletin 4.x version.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No, this function has never existed in any version of vB. vBulletin.org is the site for unofficial add-ons.

Leave a comment:

• SnoSheriff
    replied
    I'm wondering if this functionality exists in VBulletin Forum Classic or if there is an extension that would do this...

What is the vBulletin.org? How is that site related to vbulletin.com?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• SnoSheriff
    started a topic Newsgroup (usenet) <--> forum

Newsgroup (usenet) <--> forum

Is it possible to have a newsgroup-to-forum and forum-to-newsgroup bi-directional feed? I'd like to import the newsgroup content into the forums. Also, I'd like the forum replies to feed back to the newsgroup...

Fudforum claims to have NNTP and Mail integration. But I'd like to build a Joomla site with Kunena...
    cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Features_overview

I also found these:
    www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=...p;highlight=newssync
    mail2forum.com/about

Thank you