Few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions

I manage a very popular Call of Duty gaming site with vB 3.8.6.

I'm not really interested in upgrading this one because of the amount of customizations and hacks installed. However, I am looking at a new project with a buddy for an upcoming game.

4.0 Publishing Suite has me very interested but I'm not 100% sure how it works...

1. When utilizing the articles system with the categories, can I assign the article to also be published in a specific forum too?

2. Navigation - Is there a way to make the categories work in the top level navigation of the site via dropdown? Can this be accomplished via the theme?

In essence I would really like the homepage to be custom pages with content. So the main page displays links to areas and what not but if I wanted someone to click on a specific page with information, I want to have full control over this page with custom HTML code that I can enter. BUT I also need a standard news type setup mentioned above in #1 where the news topic entered for the CMS would also publish in a designated forum that the author selects. Is this attainable?

1. No, articles get published in the CMS area, not in the forums.

2. I'm not sure what you mean. If you want to add a navlink to go to all the categories, then you can do that, but it isn't a setting to turn on/off.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

1. No, that is not an option in vB.

2. Do you mean forum categories? If so, this will require modifying the navbar template
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X