Does VBulletin suggest other threads to view before posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does VBulletin suggest other threads to view before posting

I have seen sites that provide suggestions of other posts to view for answers before you confirm your post. Does VBulletin do this?

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Similar Threads appears after you create a thread. Never really understood why to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by dthardy View Post
        I have seen sites that provide suggestions of other posts to view for answers before you confirm your post. Does VBulletin do this?
        On vBulletin.org, I saw at least 2 mods for 3.8.x that did that last year. I'm sure something for 4.x is available by now, as that was a pretty popular idea.

It would show you a box above the editor recommending that the user consider similar threads before posting.

Edit: Hmm, I can only find one of them, and it hasn't been updated. (It's actually been graveyard-ed.)

I think the other mod may have had similar-threads-before-posting as an option in a bigger mod. I'll take another look.

It's definitely a feature that should be incorporated into the core product at some point.
        Last edited by Arkham; Tue 15 Feb '11, 10:30am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X