Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading, but a question first

I am about to do a long awaited upgrade, it will be from 3.6.4 to 4.1.1

What I would like to do, if possible is to install 4.1.1 in a new subdomain and have it run in paralell with the existing forum until I do a redirect on the existing forum. Thsi will allow me to fully test and mod the new version with minimum disruption to members.

Is this possible?

Or can I run a copy of the forum and fully test and mod it and then upload/import the current forum when I am ready?

Forum currently
    Threads: 112,408
    Members: 99,433

Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.

And is there someone out there that can do thsi for me at a cost?

Thanks

Steve

What you should do is set up a test site with a *copy* of your live database and then perform the upgrade on it. Take notes on what you do/change/install. Set up your style how you want it. Set up your mods how you want them. Then export your style and mods. Now close your live site and upgrade your live site. Import your upgraded style and upgraded mods. Do any other tweeks you need to do. Go live.

If you want to hire someone, there is a Request for Paid Services forum over on vbulletin.org. Please do your homeword before you hire someone.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X