Creating a Reference Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a Reference Library

I'm considering starting a car-related site, and I'm wondering about the possibility of creating a library where users could view the original sales brochures of all the vehicles within the scope of the site. There would need to be approximately fifty different brochures, with approximately ten pages each. So along with the forums, I would need an area where users could view but not modify; where they could navigate from the library heading to the car models, to the years of a specific model, to the pages of the brochure of a specific year.

Would this be doable?

The only feature in vB that would do that would be to upload such files to specific posts.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Okay. So should I organize the library through the home page, and then have a link in the forums which directs users to the library?

Comment

There is no 'library' function in vB. The way I would do this is create a forum named 'Library' then upload those files to specific posts in the forum.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks. I'll have more questions when I'm farther along.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X