Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought vbulletin through web host

Hi i bought vbulletin through a web host 7 months ago

everything is working fine only i cannot download and upgrades or addons because i dont have a customer number or password, i have asked the company for this and they have told me that they cannot give it to me as its their original personal one they use for all their VB's

They told me to give the admin on here their customer number and they could help me but after exploring that avenue i have been told its not possible

All im after for my forum is a graphics upgrade/thank you hack/vbookies and some new post icons

Can anyone here help me??

Ask them to transfer license to you by opening a ticket to vbulletin support. This works very well
    || Web Hosting Forums
    || The Largest WEB HOST/WEBMASTER FORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by Wajdan View Post
      Ask them to transfer license to you by opening a ticket to vbulletin support. This works very well
      cheers, problem is i havent a clue what im doing when it comes to all this type of stuff

Would any admins on here like to update my forum for a price

Comment

Here's the problem:

To get access to vbulletin.org; you need to have a valid vBulletin license. vBulletin.org hosts all of the modifications and a ton of other useful material.

How much did you 'pay' for your site to have vBulletin?

If your host is indeed holding 'your' license, then you should have your host contact vBulletin and initiate a license transfer to you so that you may have access to all of the features that come with owning a vBulletin license. As it is now, you cannot even post in the support forum without a license of your own. (Not to mention, advertising for the service you want done isn't allowed anywhere on this forum.)

Absolute worst case here, if your host won't initiate the transfer, is that you could buy your own license for vBulletin and you can update your site with your own license and files instead of relying on your host for it. vBulletin Solutions (company) doesn't authorize anyone to resell vBulletin licenses apart from the official vBulletin sites.

Hope you can get this resolved...
        To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
          Here's the problem:

To get access to vbulletin.org; you need to have a valid vBulletin license. vBulletin.org hosts all of the modifications and a ton of other useful material.

How much did you 'pay' for your site to have vBulletin?

If your host is indeed holding 'your' license, then you should have your host contact vBulletin and initiate a license transfer to you so that you may have access to all of the features that come with owning a vBulletin license. As it is now, you cannot even post in the support forum without a license of your own. (Not to mention, advertising for the service you want done isn't allowed anywhere on this forum.)

Absolute worst case here, if your host won't initiate the transfer, is that you could buy your own license for vBulletin and you can update your site with your own license and files instead of relying on your host for it. vBulletin Solutions (company) doesn't authorize anyone to resell vBulletin licenses apart from the official vBulletin sites.

Hope you can get this resolved...
          thanks for the reply

im new to all this and decided to give the forum a go, i paid 480euros for the vbulletin and domain to use it on

i asked them to sort this problem out for me and i got this response
          Niall, you'll need to make permissions on the avatars directory global. Your FTP program can explain this if necessary.

You should be able to set up your own account on bulletin.org to download addons. If you're prompted for vbulletin account details, an admin should be able to give you permission with my customer number.
          is this true or am i gettin the long finger on this??

Comment

Originally posted by niallhano View Post
            thanks for the reply

im new to all this and decided to give the forum a go, i paid 480euros for the vbulletin and domain to use it on

You have paid a very high price for a forum which is not in your control(actually not yours).

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

thanks for the reply

Ouch. The basic vBulletin prices in Euros is 152 euros for forum only and 223 euros for the suite (CMS, Blogs & Forums).

What he's saying about giving you access to vBulletin.org is TRUE. He can add your email address to their vBulletin customer account and that would show you as a licensed customer here at vbulletin.com and vbulletin.org, enabling you to access support forums and downloads. However, there's only a limited number of addresses they can add to one customer account.

Now - what he's saying about the 'admin' giving you permission with *his* customer number, that's false. He, as the customer account owner, must log-in here http://members.vbulletin.com and give you access himself (under priority forum support). vBulletin admins (as far as I know) won't add you to a customer account just because you have a number.

If he's willing to log-in to his customer account and give you access, your email address has to match both here at vbulletin.com and vbulletin.org for it to work. (whatever email address you used to register here and at vbulletin.org)

That's about all I can tell you... a vbulletin moderator/admin will come along and verify or correct anything I've told you so far.
              Last edited by ENF; Wed 2 Feb '11, 8:51pm.
              To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
                Ouch. The basic vBulletin prices in Euros is 152 euros for forum only and 223 euros for the suite (CMS, Blogs & Forums).

What he's saying about giving you access to vBulletin.org is TRUE. He can add your email address to their vBulletin customer account and that would show you as a licensed customer here at vbulletin.com and vbulletin.org, enabling you to access support forums and downloads. However, there's only a limited number of addresses they can add to one customer account.

Now - what he's saying about the 'admin' giving you permission with *his* customer number, that's false. He, as the customer account owner, must log-in here http://members.vbulletin.com and give you access himself (under priority forum support). vBulletin admins (as far as I know) won't add you to a customer account just because you have a number.

It he's willing to log-in to his customer account and give you access, your email address has to match both here at vbulletin.com and vbulletin.org for it to work. (whatever email address you used to register here and at vbulletin.org)

That's about all I can tell you... a vbulletin moderator/admin will come along and verify or correct anything I've told you so far.
                thats great thanks for your help, i will get back onto him with this information and let you know how i get on

thanks again

Comment

everything is working fine only i cannot download and upgrades or addons because i dont have a customer number or password, i have asked the company for this and they have told me that they cannot give it to me as its their original personal one they use for all their VB's
                  It sounds as though they may potentially be infringing on vBulletin licensing terms. Granted, they could have one customer number and multiple licenses, but in that case you would absolutely require your own license number for your own specific installation.

Sounds fishy to me.

Comment

Hi i bought vbulletin through a web host 7 months ago

They told me to give the admin on here their customer number and they could help me but after exploring that avenue i have been told its not possible

All im after for my forum is a graphics upgrade/thank you hack/vbookies and some new post icons

Can anyone here help me??

i would email vBulletin immediathly why ?

1) vBulletin does not allow reselling vBulletin licences
                    2) vBulletin sells directly only they do not allow hosts to offer it as part of their hosting

the licenceholder should be the siteowner and the one (and only) person with access to the membersarea i strongly think your host scammed you...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X