Convert from SMF RC4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert from SMF RC4

Will I be able to convert my SMF RC4 forum to VB and what can I expect to lose in the process

You could, or you could upgrade your SMF first and then use the vBulletin Impex script to do it. You shouldn't lose anything. I've just converted an SMF into an existing vB in the past month and it went fine. I wasn't sure about doing this on an old RC of SMF so upgraded it to 1.1.12 first.

Comment

Can't go back to version 1 as this is basically version 2 RC4

Comment

Sorry, my mistake I read your post, I saw RC and nothing else. My comments still stand though, you should be fine. In the Impex script download there is this directory:
        \impex\systems\smf2\

If it upgraded my SMF 1.x it should handle your SMF 2.x as well.
        Backup files and DB and you can never go wrong in your testing.

GL!

Comment

Does it just convert the database or does it actually do something to the SMF files themselves

Comment

It does not touch either one. It pulls the relevant data from the SMF DB and places it into the vB DB. It should also pull avatars and attachments from the SMF file system. The instructions are complete, just follow them to the letter and you'll be good to go in no time.

Comment

Ah great that is very cool, first need to purchase VB lol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X