Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to Profile Page

HI;

I need to have the ability to make some changes to the profile pages on a new forum. I am looking to have additional fields, as well as additional photos added to the profile page. This is for a pet related site, so the info I'm looking to add to the profile page would be something like;

Photo of Pet #1
    Pet Age
    Pet Size
    Breed
    Etc.

Then the ability to add additional pets, just like the example above.

I realize this may be custom work to get this done, and I don't mind having a PHP programmer putting a reasonable number of hours into it. I need to make sure it can be done, and make sure it isn't a really major modification. I have a Invision forum and have been asking around, but no one seems to be able to offer something like this on Invision.

So is this something I can manage to get done on VB, either out of the box, with an existing modification or via custom programming?

Thanks

Jamie
    Last edited by jamiedolan; Mon 31 Jan '11, 9:03am. Reason: added info
    Jamie Dolan
    Neenah, WI
    My VB Forum: Paw Dogs

This should be doable with custom profile fields and editing the MEMBERINFO template, although the uploading of images might be tricky, as vB doesn't support uploading of images as a custom profile field type as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
      This should be doable with custom profile fields and editing the MEMBERINFO template, although the uploading of images might be tricky, as vB doesn't support uploading of images as a custom profile field type as far as I know.
      Thank You for the response.

I'm not positive, but I think that I may be able to use the upload function in PhotoPost. I could create a default "profile" gallery in PhotoPost to pull from. I'd have to figure out how to dynamically insert the code linking to that users album, then use that in conjunction with the custom fields. As long as I can edit that template for the profile page, I think I will be fine.

Thanks very much;

Jamie
      Jamie Dolan
      Neenah, WI
      My VB Forum: Paw Dogs

Comment