Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Sale help, five "easy" questions

Good morning.

I own a Wordpress blog which is unfortunately slowing down due to the high number of comments being posted, so I was considering purchasing vBulletin in order to shift the comments section to a forum system. My - hopefully easy - questions before I go ahead are the following:

1. I am only interested in the Forum License, no need for blogging or CMS modules. Is the $195 license the one I need?

2. Should the license be renewed every year or is it "forever"?

3. If I install vBulletin with my license on a trial server, would I be able to use the same license, later on, on the production machine?

4. The server I was considering to host my forum has the following specifications: Intel Dual Core/2.2 GHz 800MHz FSB, 2GB Ram, 250GB HDD, CentOS, CPanel. Are they acceptable?

5. I predict no more than 100,000 users every month in terms to traffic but this may grow in the future. Is there a caching "add-on" available like "WP Super Cache" in Wordpress(for those familiar with it?)

Thank you!

Originally posted by thehawkVB View Post
    1. I am only interested in the Forum License, no need for blogging or CMS modules. Is the $195 license the one I need?
    Yes.

2. Should the license be renewed every year or is it "forever"?
    Forever with updates upto version 4.9.9

3. If I install vBulletin with my license on a trial server, would I be able to use the same license, later on, on the production machine?
    Yes.
    Actually you can have two active installs.
    One as yoursite.com/forum to the public.
    Another one as yoursite.com/testvb hidden and password protected from the public.

4. The server I was considering to host my forum has the following specifications: Intel Dual Core/2.2 GHz 800MHz FSB, 2GB Ram, 250GB HDD, CentOS, CPanel. Are they acceptable?
    Provided Mysql and PHP is installed:Yes.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Thanks a lot for the fast reply, beishe8, very kind.

Yes, PHP v5.1.6 and mySQL v5.0.77 are pre-installed. Are those the latest versions? I see the versions vary according to the OS, for instance I see Fedora 11 comes with PHP v5.2.11.

How come?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X