Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

301 redirect of old phpBB posts when migrating to VB. Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Sorry, you need a vBulletin License to download modifications.

Leave a comment:

• galerio
    replied
    I don't have vbulletin, but if I'd see the code inside the script I can see if it does what I really need.
    That is: 301 redirect handled with database and not with .htaccess
    Last edited by galerio; Fri 21 Jan '11, 1:45am.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by galerio View Post
    Really thanks!
    Is there a way to download this script before to purchase a valid license? I'm the one who want to try all before to buy
    Unfortunatelly you cannot try it without the vBulletin software and you do not have it yet.
    Do you?

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by galerio View Post
    Really thanks!
    Is there a way to download this script before to purchase a valid license? I'm the one who want to try all before to buy
    vBulletin.org access (to downloads) requires ownership of a vBulletin license. Sorry...

Leave a comment:

• galerio
    replied
    Really thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    We do not provide an officially supported option to redirect the old URL's to the new ones, but there is this unsupported script:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=176964

Leave a comment:

• 301 redirect of old phpBB posts when migrating to VB. Possible?

I really love VBulletin, I tried it for some days and it is perfect for me!
    But my actual forum is in phpBB and I don't want to lose search engine rank of each post.

So, is there a tool that automatically creates a 301 redirect of every old post to the new address of VB?

If you tell me that there is something that do it automatically, then I will buy VB instantly!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X