Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin vs. Invision Power Board

Hello.

I now, that is duplicity thread, but all similar themes is too old ...

So, what is the difference between these forum systems ?
    What have vBulletin better then Invision Power Board ?

I want to build new discussion forum about computers and technics...

Is there any comparation ?

And very inportant thing is diacritic like ďťňľ éó ...
    It diacritic support in vBulletin (Slovak)

Because, top yellow notification along do not like this signs ... (see attachment)
    Could be this corrected ?

Thanks for all informations and advices ...

Does the vBulletin support Slovak language ?

// sorry, attachments have too small resolution check it in full-size: http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9...tvbulletin.png
    Attached Files
    Last edited by olihope; Sat 15 Jan '11, 7:09pm.

I own both licenses, I enjoy both software but vb has more to offer.. for example:

Blogs come integrated in vb where as IPB requires you to pay 75 dollars for theirs

You can add pictures and attachments that can be downloaded from vb where as IPB requires you to purchase IP Downloads to do the same thing

VB has many free mods and hooks, most of IPB mods requires payment and they have very few free mods

I think VB is easier to manage while IPB takes some getting use to

IBP has limited free skins but most cost money, vb has many free skins

I feel I can do more and be free more with vb than I can with IPB but as I said I like them both

Comment

Originally posted by olihope View Post
      Does the vBulletin support Slovak language ?
      No,it does not.
      Supported languages are English and German.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Thanks,

And I want ask about administration, who administration offer more comfort ? (Because, i was logged in each demo and vBulletin look like 90s)...

So, what administration do you prefere ?

If forum does not support Slovak language, is it easy to translate ? How many paragraphs i must translate ?

Thanks-

Comment

Originally posted by olihope View Post
          Thanks,

And I want ask about administration, who administration offer more comfort ? (Because, i was logged in each demo and vBulletin look like 90s)...

So, what administration do you prefere ?

If forum does not support Slovak language, is it easy to translate ? How many paragraphs i must translate ?

Thanks-
          The vB acp may look outdated but it does well for what it was meant for. The translation is done easily.
          4.1.1 suite (latest build) contains over 10.000 phrases, if you can translate one phrase in 10 seconds you'll need more than 28 hrs to translate all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
            The translation is done easily.
            4.1.1 suite (latest build) contains over 10.000 phrases, if you can translate one phrase in 10 seconds you'll need more than 28 hrs to translate all.
            It is very close to 15000 phrases, so that is well over 10000.
            Anders Pettersson
            Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
            If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
            Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders P View Post
              It is very close to 15000 phrases, so that is well over 10000.
              Sure? I opened the vbulletin-language.xml with notepad++ it shows 12249 lines, not all lines are phrases or some phrases are several lines, so it leads me to "over 10.000". The exact number must be below 12.000.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
                Sure? I opened the vbulletin-language.xml with notepad++ it shows 12249 lines, not all lines are phrases or some phrases are several lines, so it leads me to "over 10.000". The exact number must be below 12.000.
                Yes I am sure.
                Go to the Admin CP -> Language & Phrases -> Phrase Manager -> Select ALL PHRASE GROUPS, and if you choose to have 10 phrases on each page you will see that you get 1498 pages. At least that is what I have, and soon I have translated them all.

Some phrases are just one word, but some phrases are a couple of hundred words. Most of them are one sentence.

/Anders
                Anders Pettersson
                Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
                If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
                Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

oh, I should add that this is for the Suit, and the phrases for the CMSand blog are not in the same xml file as the main forum.
                  Anders Pettersson

Comment

Originally posted by Anders P View Post
                    oh, I should add that this is for the Suit, and the phrases for the CMSand blog are not in the same xml file as the main forum.
                    Ah ok, than that's what I forgot. But at all a hard work to translate them all.

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
                      No,it does not.
                      Supported languages are English and German.
                      There are many "unofficial" languages supported by the vBulletin user community as well. Unfortunately, Slovak is not one of them.

Eons ago, it looks like someone was working on a Slovak translation, but he/she never posted it:
                      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...-Language-pack

Comment

I'm working on Czech translate right now. I've got like 40% of all phrases atm.

As the first thing, you must set your database and vBulletin language on UTF-8. After that, you can just translate some things for users (main page, post page, calendar, etc, etc.) like here ->
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	3681202

If you want more informations, please contact me on e-mail [email protected]
                        Last edited by Ellendway; Mon 17 Jan '11, 9:00am.

Comment

Hi guys,... You are wrong. Slovak language is also available It is created by me... it is for version 3.8.x but fronted is fully translated... and now I'm working on the version 4... I'm just working on upgrade... If you want, you can contact me and we can discuss about it
                          Xyngular - Health and Global Business Opportunity for Better Life

Comment

Originally posted by drakeman View Post
                            Hi guys,... You are wrong. Slovak language is also available It is created by me... it is for version 3.8.x but fronted is fully translated... and now I'm working on the version 4... I'm just working on upgrade... If you want, you can contact me and we can discuss about it
                            Or you could just post a download link.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X