I have some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have some questions

I am thinking about coming back to vBulletin, but have a few questions.

#1 - I know everybody has to deal with spam bots, and wonder what problems you have....can bots be stopped from making an account? (do you use captcha, or such) Is there a way to deter human spammers? Can bots get a member list and try guessing user passwords forcing members to lose "Always stay logged in"..........any other problems?

#2 - Can I create a special User Group to limit problem users post count, and stop them from posting in certain sections...but still be able to view the areas? Main thing is, I would like to take ONE individual and limit their stupidity to certain sections, or daily post count.

#3 - Can I add/change colors in the color drop down box?

Also, I will want the Publishing Suite....will the CMS modules accept php, and html code so I can integrate my uploaders and file sharing code?

THANKS!

It is a cat and mouse game, you stop them for now, but eventually hey'll figure a new way one. I'd recomend Question & Answer over recapcha or the default image verification. There is no way to stop humans completely.

for number 2, no. not like that.

You'll have to edit the javascript to change the colors in there.

With enough time and effort you can get the software to do what you want, but we do not support third party code or modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post

for number 2, no. not like that.
      What can I do to limit idiots? I have 2-3 members that need a daily post count limit to keep them in line, and I don't want one to be able to post in Technical support (too stupid) I have 3 sections I only want certain members to see, and one section I want members to have 250 posts before they can make a new topic, but reply to existing topics.....is this possible?

You'll have to edit the javascript to change the colors in there.
      Are you SURE it is as simple as that? ONE simple javascript change?

With enough time and effort you can get the software to do what you want, but we do not support third party code or modifications.
      I want to make my front page similar to this, complete with a contest winners image changed each month..... http://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php

Will I be able to control the CMS modules with php, and html?
      Will I be able to make pages in the CMS modules so I can do something like these pages....

http://gametechmods.com/forums/index...,page3548.html

http://gametechmods.com/forums/index...,page1538.html

Comment

#2, for post count based, i guess you need a 3rd party vbulletin mod.
        I use vbulletin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X