Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ownership transfer, how to?

hi

a friend is transfering me a vb 4.x license and i want to know the procedure and check validity of the license if possible.

where or how i can do that? may I PM the license number to some vb staff to check if the license is transferable?
    is there any cost for this transfer?

thanks in advance

Your friend needs to open a support ticket to confirm those details.

Just ask him to give you the URL to the ticket (or a screenshot if you trust him not to alter it).
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

You contact vb and give them your friends full name, ask your pal for the license number and the url and ask vb if the license is valid and if it can be transferred. If they say yes then you need to create proof of your deal with your friend and proof of purchase, for example put the deal in writing at a notaries office and have it motorized that you are paying for the vb license and the account for it. Then by email make the same terms on the net, then agree to pay for the vb license, you must be very specific that you are paying for the license and the account that the license is attached to and then agree to pay for it using paypal. Now there is a comments or instructions box in the paypal pay field, again restate that you are paying for the license and the account. Do not say that your paying for the software because the software comes with the license - you are paying for the license and the account. This protects you from fraud because paypal will not protect you when it comes to digitial downloads but a license and account is different, then once payment is made then print screen your receipt or print it and as well save your paypal receipt - this will be your evidence to present to vb. Your friend must state the details of his account and that he is relinquishing them to you - vb will take it from there and tell you how to proceed

I purchased my license from someone else so this is how I know

Comment

So, despite the constant 'we wont tell anyone if a license is valid or not' comments, they actually do?

Pics, or gtfo.
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X