Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb advertising options?

hello everyone,
    first post so i should get to the point. i'm planning a forums site and i'd like to incorporate advertising right off the bat. the topic is farily far off the beaten path so i don't think google ads will be productive.
    in similar sites i''ve seen keyword programs and rotating banner ads both at the top of the page and stacked along one side. i would want the banner ads to be sold specifically by me and not randomly generated by google.
    can these two ad programs be implemented with vbulletin?
    thanks very much in advance for any help.
    bart

Yes but you'll find it difficult to sell advertising before the board is popular. Adding banners is straightforward, rotating them will either need a modification or else you setting up openx(or similar) as a banner server. You can either install the openX script yourself or just join openx and let them do all the technicalities allowing you to concentrate on sales. Inserting the banners themselves is just a matter of putting a line of code that they supply in the appropriate spaces.

http://www.openx.org/

Comment

thanks for the reply. i'll get to work reading up on openx.
      bart

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X