Mobile app options and other suggestions to a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile app options and other suggestions to a newbie

Ok let me 1st start off by saying that I am totally 120% new to this VB forum stuff so please bare with me if my terms or words are incorrect and please feel free to correct my terms so I don't confuse the people that are trying to help.

Any way my question is presently

we are running 3.8 and we are working on completing the CMS update to the latest and newest verison. I am looking to figure out how to make a mobile app like face book or something tha can intergrate in to facebook

I know nothing about CMS just about to start learning.

Can anyone give me a ball park on what it would cost to build an app of that nature or style or is there a plug in that would work well and have some of the same features for our community?

I want to have the latest and greatest apps and features for our members and I do not have a clue where to even start. I am willing to do my research and homework just looking for a place to start.

I have no skills in script writing or any of that

Any links suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance for you time

To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

To start, you won't be able to add anything to the vBulletin application I presume (res. by vbapp.mobi w.g), and secondly, if you were to start an app from scratch, well, it'd cost you over $1000.

Let me give you a little timescale.

From now to 10th January, I've been quoted at $480. That's approx $10/hour. Most developers charge about $50-100 per hour. This is going to go easily off the rails.
      Last edited by Shamil.; Thu 30 Dec '10, 11:30am.
      Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
      VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
      vBulletin Hosting and Services
      Server / Website Consultation

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X