Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB CMS and custom skin/look

Hello.

I've had vBulletin v3.x for some time and have been closely watching the progress of v4. I'm very interested in purchasing it but... (there's the 'but')

I haven't seen any sites utilizing the CMS to a great degree nor have I seen it being used the way I'd like to use it. I'm currently using WordPress for my site and, while I like it, there are things about it that I just don't like.

I was wondering if the vB can be made to look like the following sites:

Example 1

Example 2

I would like to be able to put articles based on their type on the front page, eg: Film reviews on one side and Interview articles on the other. On the top, I'd like the Flash-type Features box that continually cycles through Featured content. Maybe on the sides I'd have stuff like YouTube vids and other content (a Box Office Top-10, etc). Stuff like that.

Can this be done with vBulletin? And, secondly, who can I go to to make this look happen? If I endeavor to do the graphics/templating, I'll be able to release the site when vB 5.0 is ready and being released.

Thanks.
    -- the two one three --
    Movie Reviews, Interviews and more.

www.the213.net
    forum.the213.net

For starters, you can easily get the Flash rotation box with vBadvanced and a module/plugin. Check their forums for more info, and vb.org.

vBadvanced CMPS is a must if you want to do anything remotely like those sites.

Comment

I think I heard somewhere the vBavanced is free with crediting, is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by socialcharlotte View Post
        I think I heard somewhere the vBavanced is free with crediting, is that true?
        Yes you register at vBadvanced site and you may use the the protal software for free, if you do not want the copyright footer you need to pay. Other software at that site you do need to pay.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X