X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray-Fox
    replied
    Originally posted by we_are_borg View Post
    The only thing you need to do from standpoint of the license agreement is change the line that says where the X's are you need to copy your own license number, {version} is the version you downloaded. Because your files are customized you can better download all files (also for backup) and then use a program called editplus and open all PHP files the program has and search and replace function that can do all open files you input the old license number and then box below the new number in matter of second your done, then upload it again and you are done and you have honored the license agreement.
    Ahh, Ok,
    I've been used to a program called Text Workbench, but it was a trial version and expired already, so Im gonna try this one.
    *I already bought the VB4 version and received my custumer and license number, so after this new year Im gonna update everything.

Thank you all for the support!

Leave a comment:

• we_are_borg
    replied
    Originally posted by Gray-Fox View Post
    Alright. Then I'll just buy the license and do not replace any files, since the files I have already are customized and Im satisfied with them ^^
    The only thing you need to do from standpoint of the license agreement is change the line that says
    vBulletin {version} - Licence Number XXXXXXXXXX
    where the X's are you need to copy your own license number, {version} is the version you downloaded. Because your files are customized you can better download all files (also for backup) and then use a program called editplus and open all PHP files the program has and search and replace function that can do all open files you input the old license number and then box below the new number in matter of second your done, then upload it again and you are done and you have honored the license agreement.

Leave a comment:

• Gray-Fox
    replied
    Alright. Then I'll just buy the license and do not replace any files, since the files I have already are customized and Im satisfied with them ^^

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue-inc View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is the case.
    Rewriting files isn't a priority, and doesn't need to be done. The OP can do this is he wants to, but he doesn't need to, given that the URL is licensed for the vBulletin install.

Leave a comment:

• Blue-inc
    replied
    Alright.
    And I have the option to buy the VB4 license but keep using the 3.8.1 files?
    Also, if I choose to keep using the 3.8.1, do I have to change many files in order to update them to my license, erasing any trail, related to the old owner's license?

Originally posted by steven s View Post
    The previous owner is not looking to sell their vB license?
    Then you need to buy a license and upload and overwrite all your core files.
    I'm pretty sure this is the case.

Leave a comment:

• Gray-Fox
    replied
    Ok. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Alright.
    Yes
    Also, if I choose to keep using the 3.8.1, do I have to change many files in order to update them to my license, erasing any trail, related to the old owner's license?
    Nope, just enter the url in the members' area.

Leave a comment:

• Gray-Fox
    replied
    Alright.

Leave a comment:

• Project-Buckfast
    replied
    Upgrading to vB4 is likely to break all your customisations.

With the 4.0 license you get access to previous versions like 3.8.x

Your best bet is to buy the license from here. Overwrite all the files with your new ones and then setup a test site on which you can test your 4.0 upgrade at a later date.

Either way make sure you backup everything first.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Okay.
    So I guess I can buy a new license for me now.
    And another question is:
    the forum runs under 3.8.1 and has some customizations on it. If I buy the 4.0 version and upgrade it, following the steps, will I lose my customizations?
    Yep, the template and styling systems have changed significantly.

Leave a comment:

• Gray-Fox
    replied
    Okay.
    So I guess I can buy a new license for me now.
    And another question is:
    the forum runs under 3.8.1 and has some customizations on it. If I buy the 4.0 version and upgrade it, following the steps, will I lose my customizations?

Leave a comment:

• we_are_borg
    replied
    It should not matter that another license is pointing to the same domain the person that has put in that URL need to keep his own domains correct.

Leave a comment:

• Gray-Fox
    replied
    So, the old owner wants to sell me her VB license, but it's a package with 5 licenses, which includes the domain I own now and they are 3.8.1 and expired already.
    The price she's asking for these expired licenses I can buy a new and updated one for the same price. That's why I want to buy it directly here.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If the previous owner sold you the site including the vBulletin installation, ask them to contact us to request the license be transferred to your name. This will save you having to pay for a new license when you may have already bought his.

Leave a comment:

• steven s
    replied
    The previous owner is not looking to sell their vB license?
    Then you need to buy a license and upload and overwrite all your core files.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X