Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to Publishing Suite

Hi

I have a client who is using version 4 of VBulletin with a number of plugins (VBSEO, AdInviter, VBStopForumSpam, MiserableUsers). They had VBBlog installed as well but after upgrading it to version 4 we realised there is no version of this available, and it is included in the Publishing Suite.

They are now thinking of upgrading to the Publishing Suite. My questions are: How easy/difficult is it to upgrade to this from version 4 of VBulletin? Will the plugins he's already got installed still work? Will the blog included in the publishing suite work with the VBBlog plugin he had with Version 3 (ie. will the blog posts already written still be editable/viewable).

Any help would be appreciated. I've never used the publishing suite before so would be handy to know if it's a simple upgrade or if there's a lot of work involved.

Also, he wants to use Flynax in the future, which works with VBulletin. But does it work with the publishing suite?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by emzdesign; Tue 21 Dec '10, 3:06am. Reason: Asked question about Flynax

The upgrade to the Publishing Suite is simply uploading all the files to the server and running the upgrade script. If they're using the latest version of the forums then they won't be affected as there's nothing to upgrade there - the Blogs and CMS will simply be added.

Don't know what Flynax is but you'll need to check with them that it will work with the CMS.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Thanks for that.

With regards to the VBBlog plugin that was installed, will the blog that comes with the Publishing Suite work with the current blogs that have already been written?

Comment

Yes, the current blogs will be updated to the latest version durign the upgrade.
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Hiya

Thanks for the quick response. Just another quick question. The plugins that have been installed and upgraded, they seem to work with the latest version of VBulletin, so am I to assume they will work with the Publishing Suite?

Thanks,
          Emma

Comment

Originally posted by emzdesign View Post
            Hiya

Thanks for the quick response. Just another quick question. The plugins that have been installed and upgraded, they seem to work with the latest version of VBulletin, so am I to assume they will work with the Publishing Suite?

Thanks,
            Emma
            You need to make sure there for vBulletin 4 thats all the Forum only and Suite are only different on that the later one has Blog and CMS activated.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X