X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group of users that CAN post but CANNOT read

Hi,
    I'm thinking about purchasing vBulletin but I have one question:

- does vB enable a group of users that CAN post but CANNOT read posts? Alternatively, the user could see his own posts - but no other.

And another question related to this:
    Can I use a custom script to change the group that user belongs to? What I mean is this:
    * something happens - e.g. a CRON task is started
    * the CRON runs a PHP file
    * the PHP file connects to the vBulletin MySQL and changes the group of one user:

User ABC belongs to the group A, group A has ID 5 - I want to change his group to B which has ID 23.
    So my question: Is there in the database something like the table below?
    Code:
    user |group|something|something.......
    ABC  |5    |something|something....
    where you can do something like UPDATE users set group='23' WHERE user='ABC'

Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by marcus33cz View Post
    - does vB enable a group of users that CAN post but CANNOT read posts? Alternatively, the user could see his own posts - but no other.
    There are 2 seperate permissions that will work for this but are thread, not post based. One allows a user to see thread content, the other allows a user to see other users thread content.

Originally posted by marcus33cz View Post
    And another question related to this:
    Can I use a custom script to change the group that user belongs to? What I mean is this:
    * something happens - e.g. a CRON task is started
    * the CRON runs a PHP file
    * the PHP file connects to the vBulletin MySQL and changes the group of one user:

User ABC belongs to the group A, group A has ID 5 - I want to change his group to B which has ID 23.
    So my question: Is there in the database something like the table below?
    Code:
    user |group|something|something.......
    ABC  |5    |something|something....
    where you can do something like UPDATE users set group='23' WHERE user='ABC'
    This can be done using vBulletin's API (documentation is available) It is better to use the API rather then direct SQL manipulation so tables don't become out of sync.
    http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X