My Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Questions

1. If I purchase the the vb forum license now, how much extra will it cost to upgrade to the publishing suite package at a later date?

2. Is there any apps for vb that allow members to donate to the site through a subscription service?

3. Where do I get vb mods and is there any free mods provided by vb?

4. Can I access the older versions of vb if I purchase a license?

5. Does vb plan to implement a topic description similar to IPB?

6. Is it possible to convert phpbb, MyBB and SMF softwares to vb?

7. If I purchase a license, how long does it last and how much will it cost to renew it?

8. Does vb plan to update and modernise the admin panel?

I will try to think of more if I have anyway.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Da Silva Twins; Fri 17 Dec '10, 10:21am.

Originally posted by Da Silva Twins View Post
    1. If I purchase the the vb forum license now, how much extra will it cost to upgrade to the publishing suite package at a later date?

2. Is there any apps for vb that allow members to donate to the site through a subscription service?

3. Where do I get vb mods and is there any free mods provided by vb?

4. Can I access the older versions of vb if I purchase a license?

5. Does vb plan to impent a topic description similar to IPB?

6. Is it possible to convert phpbb, MyBB and SMF softwares to vb?

7. If I purchase a license, how long does it last and how much will it cost to renew it?

8. Does vb plan to update and modernise the admin panel?
    1. $100
    2. Yes
    3. vbulletin.org
    4. Yes
    6. Yes
    7. No renewals. You can use forever any versions of vB upto vB 4.99
    8. Sometime in the future

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

7. So a license is for every 4.x software version? Dont matter when it comes out e.g even in 10 years time?

So this would mean I need to purchase VB 5 even if I purchased a license for 4.x a day earlier?

vB5 Gold Beta coming soon.
      I think I will wait for VB 5 if this is true.

Comment

7. So a license is for every 4.x software version? Dont matter when it comes out e.g even in 10 years time?

So this would mean I need to purchase VB 5 even if I purchased a license for 4.x a day earlier?

I think I will wait for VB 5 if this is true.
        7. Yes, and yes.. but it's likely that we would be aware of the release date, one day prior to it.

(His signature is not fact. It's him thinking he is clever/funny. vB5 is NOT coming 'soon'.)
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Oh well that explains it. *slaps face* I thought he was a forum mod or something with the number of posts he has.

Think I might wait for vb 5 anyway. I am not in any hurry anyway so I am prepared to wait a few months if it takes it. Just asking around about different softwares.

Comment

Oh well that explains it. *slaps face* I thought he was a forum mod or something with the number of posts he has.

Think I might wait for vb 5 anyway. I am not in any hurry anyway so I am prepared to wait a few months if it takes it. Just asking around about different softwares.
            Haha.. no, forum staff here are easily identifiable through their official avatars and have usertitles that reflect their position.

Depending on the amount of 'no hurry' you are in, you might want to make a decision on vB4. I'd be seriously surprised if it (5) became available before 2012.
            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Well I am just inquiring at the minute. This seems to be the time of the big forum updates so I might whit a little while longer. IPB will be updating soon I believe and VB have already updated to 4.1.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                (His signature is not fact. It's him thinking he is clever/funny.)
                I do not think that I'm clever, I do know what is sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
                  I do not think that I'm clever, I do know what is sarcasm.
                  Indeed.

Dictionary.com describes the use of sarcasm thus:
                  In sarcasm, ridicule or mockery is used harshly, often crudely and contemptuously, for destructive purposes. It may be used in an indirect manner, and have the form of irony, as in “What a fine musician you turned out to be!” or it may be used in the form of a direct statement, “You couldn't play one piece correctly if you had two assistants.” The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflection ...

Hostile, critical comments may be expressed in an ironic way, such as saying "don't work too hard" to a lazy worker. The use of irony introduces an element of humour which may make the criticism seem more polite and less aggressive. Sarcasm can frequently be unnoticed in print form, often times requiring the inflection or tone of voice to indicate the quip.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                    Indeed.
                    You are smart.

Dictionary.com describes the use of sarcasm thus:
                    In sarcasm, ridicule or mockery is used harshly, often crudely and contemptuously, for destructive purposes. It may be used in an indirect manner, and have the form of irony, as in “What a fine musician you turned out to be!” or it may be used in the form of a direct statement, “You couldn't play one piece correctly if you had two assistants.” The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflection ...

Hostile, critical comments may be expressed in an ironic way, such as saying "don't work too hard" to a lazy worker. The use of irony introduces an element of humour which may make the criticism seem more polite and less aggressive. Sarcasm can frequently be unnoticed in print form, often times requiring the inflection or tone of voice to indicate the quip.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X