X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a co-admin to start forum

Hello,

I'm starting a forum in my industry for my bussines, I have checked hundreds of times and cannot find a forum pertaining to my interest. I am not computer savy, I am a quick lerner.

Would need help with design, layout, rules in others words need someone to give me guidance who has knowledge in this field. For you to do such a service, how much time do you commit to help in getting this forum going. I am on a small budget, what is a fair amount to even consider such a option.

I would be open to all idea's please respond with suggestions it would be on a Vbulliten forum

This is not the place for such requests.

Unless you provide something and/or pack some minimum skill, I do not see why anyone should consider giving you co-adminship or accept you as a peer, much less a superior.

Comment

Originally posted by Leadcrow View Post
      This is not the place for such requests.
      Then where?

Originally posted by Leadcrow View Post
      Unless you provide something and/or pack some minimum skill, I do not see why anyone should consider giving you co-adminship or accept you as a peer, much less a superior.
      If he's knowledgeable about the business/topic, then he would be a speaker and poster about that subject. So many forums are set up without any volunteer or hired talent knowledgeable about the subject. So many forums are just "wow, it's a forum, let's talk about um, anything!"

The tomato forum I post on has experts, and was started by someone who was not versed in forums. My favorite BBQ forum has dozens of people on it that cater or compete BBQ for a living. Talent is just as powerful to a forum as someone with the technical expertise.

Now, this may be a get rich quick thing, I don't know, but I'm willing to think outside the box here.

Comment

Good points, well made, Feldon. I often suggest clients start communities to leverage their knowledge and without exception they aren't highly technical people. Just people with a shared interest in a subject.

Comment

Then where?
          Open discussion or an admin forum, not vbulletin's presale questions section, where potential customers are supposed to ask vbulletin staff about practical questions pertaining to technical aspects or financials of vbulletin.

If he's knowledgeable about the business/topic, then he would be a speaker and poster about that subject. So many forums are set up without any volunteer or hired talent knowledgeable about the subject. So many forums are just "wow, it's a forum, let's talk about um, anything!"
          Thats why common sense still dictates that experts be solicited for content, not for staff positions. Staff could have no clue at how to replace a bulb that it matters little, theyre sollicited for trustworthiness, maturity and peacekeeping (mixing the 2 activitites is ideal, of course).

Pretty much all members of a niche forum could be considered equally knowledgeable about their niche, and I dont see myself giving them all adminship just because Google and Wikipedia made it easy to pose as knowledgable individuals.
          Some people are best suited for orator positions (typically in blogs), not as peers (most common on forums). Insight doesn't require fancy setups, sharing can be initiated as soon as a forum is setup.

Let's see: no vb software available, little budget, little technical savyness (in forum management), among others. Doesn't suggest anything like a get rich quick scheme, just a newcomer with a good idea and a passion for his interests and no previous experience in forum management. Therefore, positions as critical as admin-level shouldnt be IMO carelessly requested or offered when you're still green and could be devoured by sharks (at least he didn't post that at scammer paradise DP, I suppose). It kinda puzzles me that people would try starting forums alone, there sure have to be at least one friend who wouldnt mind helping a buddy, or someone with similar interests already known to op (both types of situations making public offers of trustee positions unnecessary).

Comment

It's not a get rich quick scheme, just trying to build a forum for people in my trade could have a place to go. you are correct i am not highly skilled in this field, and not going to jump on any offer either, just questions to get a feel of what road i will go down.

Comment

for hosting, I'd recommend godaddy to start with, a few bucks a month. not bad.

VB company does offer simple installation, or you can try Freelancer.com
              http://www.budgetgadgets.com/

Comment

GoDaddy hosting? really?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X