Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am using a new domain name. The domain name that is attached to my license is no more in use. It says upgrade. Is that any difference from the one that is priced at $195?

Comment

The domain attached to the license doesn't matter when it comes to upgrading your license. You can still use the upgrade option here then go back to the Members Area and change the URL afterwards via the 'Edit License' link.
      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -
      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
      - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
        The domain attached to the license doesn't matter when it comes to upgrading your license. You can still use the upgrade option here then go back to the Members Area and change the URL afterwards via the 'Edit License' link.
        Is the upgraded version ( $175) the same as the new license version ($195) ? Because i have to installed it fresh to my server as it is a new site i started. I do not have any existing VB in my server now.

Comment

Hey, i can download 4.07

Comment

What is the difference between 4.07 and 4.10. Any big difference?

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...-Now-Available

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
                Yes, without question.

You just need to setup specific permission groups for regular (un-paid users) and for other users (paid users).

You can do either of your ideas, very easily.

Once the user pays, that user then can be moved to a different user group where extra rights are added. After their subscription period expires, they can renew or not. If not, then they'll be moved back to the 'un-paid' group.

Anyway, both of the ideas you listed are easily achievable.
                Is the transferring of members from one user group to another done automatically after the user has paid for the subscription or after his subscription has expired.
                Last edited by forumbust; Sun 19 Dec '10, 9:36pm.

Comment

What happens is that when a user buys a subscription, they get a 'temproary' user group change.

Example:

A new user subscribes to my forum, they are by default put into the Registered Users group with basic access rights.

Then, this new user decides they want an "Elite" subscription package, which they purchase through the subscription manager in vBulletin. (in this case, an elite membership is 1 year)

After the users payment has been confirmed, the system assigns the user to the "Elite Membership" group. That will stay for one year until they either renew or let the subscription close on its own.

After the subscription ends, the user then becomes a regular user in the "Registered Users" category.
                  To be updated...

Comment

What happens is that when a user buys a subscription, they get a 'temproary' user group change.

Example:

A new user subscribes to my forum, they are by default put into the Registered Users group with basic access rights.

Then, this new user decides they want an "Elite" subscription package, which they purchase through the subscription manager in vBulletin. (in this case, an elite membership is 1 year)

After the users payment has been confirmed, the system assigns the user to the "Elite Membership" group. That will stay for one year until they either renew or let the subscription close on its own.

After the subscription ends, the user then becomes a regular user in the "Registered Users" category.
                    Thanks..

I am doing a test trial on the forum now. I have created an Elite user group. In a real case, you sign up for paid membership to join this usergroup. Is there any way to join a particular usergroup without going through paid subscription, let's say the forum is a free forum and how does this user join this particular usergroup to get some unique rights in the forum.

Comment

Um. If it's not a paid group, then you would just use the regular public user groups.

Once you have created public user groups, a user can choose which groups to join through their UserCP.

Otherwise, to test the subscription one - I think you can do a manual subscription, which you then can manually approve. (I'd have to check, I can't remember off hand..)
                      To be updated...

Comment

Um. If it's not a paid group, then you would just use the regular public user groups.

Once you have created public user groups, a user can choose which groups to join through their UserCP.

Otherwise, to test the subscription one - I think you can do a manual subscription, which you then can manually approve. (I'd have to check, I can't remember off hand..)
                        ok, i have problem creating the category of the group. Care to guide me how to go about it?
                        Last edited by forumbust; Mon 20 Dec '10, 5:32am.

Comment

Please post support requests in the appropriate forum - this is beyond pre-sales now...
                          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                          -
                          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                          - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X