Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smnet
    replied
    If you are using a fresh install then you should have no issues - expect some hurdles if you are upgrading or moving from another software though. With regards to styling... there is a definite learning curve involved here. If you know CSS well and can produce your own graphics then I think you will be fine. You might find http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...(video-version) pretty helpful in finding the stylevars you need to pull off your styling.

I would recommend that you make as few edits to templates as possible in order to upgrade easy in the future - most of what you change should be possible with stylevars - edit these as much as you like as they wont affect upgrading too much.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Ramsesx
    replied
    Originally posted by turner23x View Post
    Is it hard?
    If you just want to change colors or the basic look it's a simple task and you can get very nice results. If you want it look completely different, ie let the navbar look like it was in vB3 it is quite harder.
    But if you are a css and html guru there's no limit.

Leave a comment:

• turner23x
    replied

Leave a comment:

• turner23x
    replied
    Watch Tron Legacy Online
    Watch The Green Hornet online
    Watch Scream 4 online

Watch The Hangover 2 Online

Watch Battle Los Angeles Online

Watch Zombieland Online
    watch scott pilgrim vs. the world online
    Last edited by turner23x; Wed 5 Jan '11, 10:18pm.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    In vB4? LOL

Leave a comment:

• reontrebl
    replied
    Styles are always easy...

Leave a comment:

• punchbowl
    replied
    There's a portal as part of the suite plus an alternative free portal called vbadvanced. It's quite easy to produce styles for vb with the built in style generator but they generally need a bit of extra tweeking.

Leave a comment:

• gravitate
    started a topic Limitations of vbulletin

Limitations of vbulletin

Hi I am currently using phpbb for my forums but getting a bit frustrated when trying to make changes. With vBulletin how easy is it to instal a portal and to do custom styling?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X