Looking to change from phpbb3 to vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to change from phpbb3 to vBulletin

As the title suggests, I'm looking at changing my current forum. I'm having some background issues with phpbb3 and I'm getting no help whatseover from the Community so I decided to look at alternatives. vBulletin seems to offer more of what I need but I have a few questions.

I moved my current forum from a hosted platform onto Virtual Hosting and whilst it was a great move for reliability etc. I'm no technical expert and I'm pretty much on my own as the host company won't support the php install. I ran the vb_test.php and it told me magic_quotes_gpc should be off for optimal performance, ask your host to change this in php.ini, I guess this would be something I could do myself?

How easy would the transition be from phpbb3 to VB in terms of importing members/posts etc?
    Are mods available for VB and if so are they easy to install? i.e. Arcade etc.
    Does the current purchase price give me 12 months licence or is it now a one-off payment?

I'd appreciate any advice/comments before I look further into changing over.

Many thanks,
    Justin

You only pay the fee once, and yes modifications are very easy to import. You import the xml and upload the files via FTP, or whatever and it works as expected.

To import a phpbb3 database, there is a tool you can use that can be found in the members area. However, to use the support ticket here you have to pay, which ****ing sucks. But other than that, it's a great and I love it so far. =P

PS: The transition is easy. You follow the directions for the tool, and it will import the users, posts, threads, forums, etc,etc,etc.

Good luck =P
    GBOmega Owner

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X