When The Vb5.0 Will Release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When The Vb5.0 Will Release?

Hello there, I am planning to buy vbulltin software. But I have question in my mind when will the 5.0 will release? Any idea ? Because I have read that i have to pay more if want to upgrade my forum. Can i upgrade my forum to 5.0(for free) in one year if it release in one year or I have to pay more for Upgrade 5.0 ?
    Thanks

Nobody can/will tell you when 5 will be released. We can only guess 1-2 years. There is no official statement regarding upgradings to version 5. At this time if you buy a license there isn't a free upgrade plan. But you should wait for a final reply from support staff.

Comment

Come back in 12 months, we might have some more information then. We'll probably most likely see more information as time passes. I've been told that vB5 is warming up, and there will be very exciting things, though, I don't know how exciting they will be to me in practice.

In other words, not now.

Under the current license schedule, you'd be paying for a license upgrade from vB 4 -> vB 5. The license terms will be stipulated when the time is neigh.
      Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
      VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
      vBulletin Hosting and Services
      Server / Website Consultation

Comment

no one knows O.o

Comment

Originally posted by Gccc98~ View Post
          no one knows O.o
          I can safely say: within the next 1 day, vB 5 will not be released. Hey, vB 5 may never be released.
          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
          vBulletin Hosting and Services
          Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by addalover View Post
            Hello there, I am planning to buy vbulltin software. But I have question in my mind when will the 5.0 will release? Any idea ? Because I have read that i have to pay more if want to upgrade my forum. Can i upgrade my forum to 5.0(for free) in one year if it release in one year or I have to pay more for Upgrade 5.0 ?
            Thanks
            it'd certainly not be in 2011.

Comment

Are you talking about upgrading an existing forum, or buying 4 now and worrying about being on the cusp of some window that allows you a free upgrade to 5?

If it's a latter then don't bother, that is a long way off. Buy 4 now and get started.

If you are upgrading an existing forum, you need to let people here know what the forum is like, there are cases where you will have no problems, and others where you will.
              Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamil. View Post
                I can safely say: within the next 1 day, vB 5 will not be released. Hey, vB 5 may never be released.
                There is a huge possibility for that.
                (Meh...just contradicted my signature)

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by addalover View Post
                  Hello there, I am planning to buy vbulltin software. But I have question in my mind when will the 5.0 will release? Any idea ?
                  Come back again in 2012 and ask.
                  Baby, I was born this way

Comment

When it's done

Comment

christmas 2011. It will seem remarkably like whatever vb4 looked like the previous month.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Now i should go for the version 4. And what is minimum requirement for running a forum with 500users ata a time on forum. I mean, Is vps is enough for that? Or i have to go for Dedicated? If vps is ok then How much ram it needs to run smoothly.
                        Thanks

Comment

Re: When The Vb5.0 Will Release?

Will depend on the server config and specs. I've seen some vps that could handle that and some who can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamil. View Post
                            I guess what IB Adrian and the vBulletin team will still working to relase a new version of vB

Comment

It will be released on Feb 29th, 2012.
                              Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X