Webpage/Blog/CMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webpage/Blog/CMS

I'm thinking about creating my own web-page with the possibility for visitors to react.

- I want it to be easy for the visitors to react, and not to login
    - If necessary I'll use captcha for the spam
    - The visitors can react, for example, in a maximum of 1000 signs
    - I want to moderate the reactions before displaying
    - I want to unmoderate visitors after 20-50 posts by their ip-adress if they behave normally
    - I want to permanently ban all ip-adresses that give illegal and hostile reactions or take part in a ddos attack against my site
    - I want to be ready for hackers and other hostile people
    - I want the site to look very simple and easy to use

Can V-Bulletin provide this, what do I need tot buy, what does it cost, now and in future? Is there an example of an existing website?

- Its possible to let people react without login, but you need to watch for spam.
    - Yes you should use that because they can automate spam run against you.
    - Do not know out of my head if vBulletin support a max characters in a post
    - No problem just make a moderated forum
    - You can make a new usergroup for people that you trust with less restrictions, have no clue if you can limit there posts out of the box
    - Ban IP addresses can be done in vBulletin but htaccess is better suited for it. DDOS is something your provider needs to do because you need to close the route that not something vBulletin does.
    - On vBulletin.org there are some pointers to give hackers a hard time, but you always need to be aware of the possibility, and you are because you asked this question
    - You can adjust the site as you want complicated or simple it is posseble but it takes time, there is no restriction on altering the code except the Powered by vBulletin that is mantatory except when you buy the branding free option.

vBulletin can provide most out of the box and with some add-ons you can get very close to it.

vBulletin 4 Forum only is 195 Dollars and vBulletin Suite (Forum, Blog and CMS) is 285 dollars (some areas pay tax), this is a lifetime license so you can always use it and all updates for vBulletin 4 are free.

Comment

Originally posted by we_are_borg View Post
      - vBulletin Suite (Forum, Blog and CMS) is 285 dollars (some areas pay tax), this is a lifetime license so you can always use it and all updates for vBulletin 4 are free.
      Is there a way to try it out?

Comment

Yes go to http://www.vbulletin.com/go/demo you can try it there.

Comment

Yes go to http://www.vbulletin.com/go/demo you can try it there.
          I like it. Does someone use it to make a blog? Are there examples? I searched on the internet but only found V Bulletin forums.

Comment

Look at my site http://www.voiceofthemany.org that one has some blogs of users.

Comment

Is it also possible not to use the forum? I mean that the blog opens at the home page?

Comment

Originally posted by Nico-NL View Post
                Is it also possible not to use the forum? I mean that the blog opens at the home page?
                You can redirect it.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
                  You can redirect it.
                  How do you mean? I want it to be simple and easy to use. I want people to type the url and my blog as my homepage.

Comment

How about installing, is it simple? Do I get a CD-Rom or a download?

Comment

I'm still having problems with the demo version. I can't get into the admin control panel and have problems with putting text next to pictures. But, over all, I like the possibilities of the blog. I hope the final version is easy to install, and works as it is supposed.

Comment

Its a download, you unzip the files upload to a web-hosting provider and then setup your MySQL that means make a database and login and password for that the MYSQL is usually done from the web-hosting provider back-end all in all should take a novice include reading how to do stuff 2 hours max. When you still have issues ask here on the forum most people are very helpful.

Comment

How about the pictures in the beginning of the text? I want the text next to the picture, is that possible?

Comment

If you mean in the CMS/Blog yes that is possible you upload picture and then hover with mouse above it and you see a pencil press that and you will see options where to put the picture and how big.

Comment

If you mean in the CMS/Blog yes that is possible you upload picture and then hover with mouse above it and you see a pencil press that and you will see options where to put the picture and how big.
                              How do I upload, with an url, or with attachments? I don't get a pencil, except next to the titel.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X