Current site and vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current site and vbulletin

We are running a membership based site in CentOS enviroment, using PHP scripting with mysql database which holds the username data.

We are hoping to use vBulletin as our new forum . But we dont want our users to signup as new users for our new forum. We want to integrate it with the current users details. We're using md5 to encrypt our user passwords. So my questions are:

Can I use custom, username, email and password field from a difference database? or
    Is there any method to import our users data in to vBulletin?

Please help !!

You would have to write some code to 'bridge' the two applications together.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      You would have to write some code to 'bridge' the two applications together.

Lynne, thanks a lot for your quick reply but please advise how can that be done... do you guys provide this service or any company\member out there can help us writing code?

Please reply

Comment

We do not provide support for custom coding. You can try the vB mod site for help with this: www.vbulletin.org
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          We do not provide support for custom coding. You can try the vB mod site for help with this: www.vbulletin.org
          Steve,

Once again thanks for quick response.

Please advise if you guys ever been through this situation before? Is this possible to bridge without compormising our member's information (ID and Password)?

I am really looking forward to buy your product its just this little problem pushing me back.

pls reply

Comment

I am sure many customers have done this with custom code, but it's not something we have direct experience with. What most of them have done is modify their third-party program to use the vB member system. Otherwise if you modify vB to do this, then upgrading vB will be a nightmare.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you Steve and Lynne :-)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X