Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing

Hello,

I'm considering changing from IPB to vB but there are some things I would like to get to know with.
    1. Can license be changed? I mean can footer info be changed freely (licensed to: xyz) without any consequences form license agreement?
    2. If I purchase new version of vB can i change licensors name in about year or when I want to in customers panel? If I understand correctly in customers panel I'm identified by UID/password not by licensors name or am I wrong? I'm asking because our forum has a president and members which each year elect new one (president), after election all data considering forum is changed to a new owner. No probs on IPB and phpBB so how's it here?
    3. After switching to vB what should i do with expired license of IPB, can i sell it?

Originally posted by Cichy_20a View Post
    1. Can license be changed? I mean can footer info be changed freely (licensed to: xyz) without any consequences form license agreement?
    There isn't "(licensed to: xyz)" with vB, it's IPB's way.
    3. After switching to vB what should i do with expired license of IPB, can i sell it?
    vB has nothing to do with IPB,you may sell it if IPB lets you sell it.
    Enquire at IPB about it..

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

1. If you wish to remove our branding from your site, you will need to purchase the Branding Free option along with the license. As long as the following remains in place, you can change/add anything else:

Powered by vBulletin™
      Copyright © 2010 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

2. Licenses can be transferred subject to certain conditions being met:

Originally posted by License Agreement
      If you are the original licensee of the Software, you may make a one-time, permanent transfer of your license rights in the Software to a third party ("Subsequent Licensee") provided that five (5) conditions are met. The conditions are: (a) you are the original licensee, (b) the Software was purchased by you more than 90 days prior to the transfer, (c) you do not keep a copy of the Software for yourself, (d) the Subsequent Licensee agrees to the terms of this Agreement and the License, and (e) the Subsequent Licensee agrees to assume your license rights in the Software, excluding this transfer right. For sake of clarity, the right to transfer the Software belongs solely to the original licensee; the Subsequent Licensee is prohibited from transferring its rights to any third party.
      This means that you can only change this once. If you're changing the responsible person annually, you would be better to use the organisation's name and a generic email that is given to the President so that you don't have this issue.
      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -
      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
      - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
      - "Quick Route" Interface...
      - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

OK so best option would be to register with forums name and administration e-mail so it could be used without any changes in license, am i right? When it comes for upgrade, well I've managed to import a database from IPB but there are some errors in database after importing thru impex. What I mean is that all users has import_ suffix before their name and also diacritics signs aren't converted well that's because of latin1 coding i think. But going back to licensing, after paying for license I will be eligible to download any version of vB forum and install it on my server, is Impex also available?

Comment

OK so best option would be to register with forums name and administration e-mail so it could be used without any changes in license, am i right? When it comes for upgrade, well I've managed to import a database from IPB but there are some errors in database after importing thru impex. What I mean is that all users has import_ suffix before their name and also diacritics signs aren't converted well that's because of latin1 coding i think. But going back to licensing, after paying for license I will be eligible to download any version of vB forum and install it on my server, is Impex also available?
          How could you do that without registering?

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

You should get access to the latest versions of vBulletin, At the very least: 3.8.6 & vB4.0.8.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X