Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-mail notification when subcribing to a "forum"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tubedogg
    replied
    great Glad I could help.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks very much for the info. It looks like I'll be taking the plunge and be buying two owned licenses pretty soon.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    2) is extemely simple as I think I mentioned in the thread where you asked about it, because there is already a function to exclude certain usergroups from being displayed on the Member List; it would be a matter of adding some numbers to a line in one of the files.

3) http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ighlight=email

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by tubedogg
    1) would be fairly easy to hack in.
    2) would take literally 20 seconds to hack in.
    3) there is a hack available for this.
    Could you point me to the hack for 3) (email notification for new thread posts in subscribed forums)? I tried searching vBulletin.org, but didn't see it, maybe I wasn't searching the right terms. Also, if it's really as easy as you say to do 2), I would re-think using vB. I could probably even get along without the PM attachments hack for now if that one is a little harder to do.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    1) would be fairly easy to hack in.
    2) would take literally 20 seconds to hack in.
    3) there is a hack available for this.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well I guess that's strike 3 for me and my hopes to use vB to build my sites. I'm in the planning stages of doing a scholarship site and an internship site and was looking at vBulletin as a near perfect alternative to the very unimpressive classifieds scripts out there. The only half decent classifieds script I came across was e-classifieds.net, but it's cgi (resource hog and slow) and costs as much as $1,000. So, I was hoping that vBulletin might have the flexibility for me to bend it a little into a classifieds posting board, but after getting "not a feature at this time" to the 3 most important features I could think of to let me use it, I guess I will have to move on to a CMS like PostNuke for now. I also checked to see if there were hacks that addressed these issues but couldn't find any. I realize that vB is not meant to be a classifieds script, I was just hoping I could use it. Maybe in version 3.0 vBulletin will be a little more flexible in what you can set in the admin. I'll check back then. The 3 features I asked about over the last couple of weeks were:

1. Attachments in PM's (allows a user to send a resume as a word doc directly to an employer)

2. The ability to prevent certain usergroups from being listed in the member list. I would only want scholarship sponsors and companies listing internships to be listed and be searchable. But I also need others to be able to register so they can subcribe to and save specific posts to their CP.

3. Email notification whenever a new scholarship or internship is posted to a specific category "forum" that a user is subscribed to.

Anyway, thanks for the info and putting up with all my questions.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This is not a feature at this time. If it's just a small group of users that you want to get emails then you could add their email addys manually under the forum's Moderation Options.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic E-mail notification when subcribing to a "forum"?

E-mail notification when subcribing to a "forum"?

I need to know if you can set vB to do email notification to users subcribed to a particular forum whenever a new thread is added to that forum. I tried subcribing to forums on this board and other vB boards and it seems that this feature does not exist. I realize that most people would never want to do this, but this feature would be necessary for my site. Thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X