No announcement yet.

Test board on another server. License?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test board on another server. License?

Hi everybody.

I'm ready to buy vBulletin, but I have one question. I would like to make a test board on another server respect to the one I will use, in order not to make mistakes with the actual database. If I do this, how the license works?
    In particular, when I will install the real installation, I will have problem with the license?

As long as the test install is protected by htaccess this should be no problem but why not on the same server different database make a database for example called "vbulletin" and a second one called "testvbulletin" then you will not have any mishaps with databases.

Comment

I prefer using another server because I have currently phpBB installed and I want to test the conversion a couple of times. And we are planning to move to another server within 5 months, so this can be a great way to practicise with database transferring procedure

Comment

Ah nice, but it should not be a problem if you protect the install against outsiders it may not be an active forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X