Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding vBulletin 4.0.x Coders?Few Questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Finding vBulletin 4.0.x Coders?Few Questions

    Hi, i have a few questions before i decide to buy VB.
    1) Is it hard to find coders that can code and what do they cost for the most part?
    2) Can somone with no Coding experience add a new skin to the forum?

    Do you guys think that someone that has no codeing experience should buy VB or not?

  • #2
    Originally posted by iRevolt View Post
    Hi, i have a few questions before i decide to buy VB.
    1) Is it hard to find coders that can code and what do they cost for the most part?
    2) Can somone with no Coding experience add a new skin to the forum?

    Do you guys think that someone that has no codeing experience should buy VB or not?
    1) No, it is not hard. You can post about custom work at the paid section at vb.org. About the costs it depends on the coder as everyone has their own prices that differ from the other.

    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

    2) Yes, you don''t need to have coding experience to install new skins and/or mods.

    3) Yes again, coding experience is not required to buy vb and/or to run/manage a vb forum.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by borbole View Post
      1) No, it is not hard. You can post about custom work at the paid section at vb.org. About the costs it depends on the coder as everyone has their own prices that differ from the other.

      http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

      2) Yes, you don''t need to have coding experience to install new skins and/or mods.

      3) Yes again, coding experience is not required to buy vb and/or to run/manage a vb forum.
      Ok just wanted to clear that up since i was planing on buying. What would you recomend a CMS or just Forums for a Clan website?
      Also, Thank you for helping.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by iRevolt View Post
        Ok just wanted to clear that up since i was planing on buying. What would you recomend a CMS or just Forums for a Clan website?
        Also, Thank you for helping.
        It really depends on what you think it could be best. If you want a forum only then go for the forum license. If you want something more expanded then go for the suite license. Whatever it fits your needs best

        Comment


        • #5
          Another thing to keep in mind is that the Suite license includes unlimited ticket support, while the Forums only license limits this to 30 days.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

          Steve Machol Photography


          Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


          Comment

          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X