Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Forums - 1 User DB

Comment

Is this functionality really in alpha testing? I have been hoping for this a long time and have even considered dropping my vb licenses if I can find a vendor who does support it. I would probably buy at least 10 more if it works. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by summytinc View Post
        Is this functionality really in alpha testing? I have been hoping for this a long time and have even considered dropping my vb licenses if I can find a vendor who does support it. I would probably buy at least 10 more if it works. Thanks.
        Look on vBulletin.org it should be there not the official one but one that comes close. There is also another solution but you need SSH that one is better.

Comment

Originally posted by we_are_borg View Post
          There is also another solution but you need SSH that one is better.
          Which solution do you refer to?
          I buy 420 forums

Comment

Originally posted by Alfa1 View Post
            Which solution do you refer to?
            I saw one 2 weeks ago on vBulletin.org a solution that you went to where your database files are save you deleted forum all forums except one certain files and you make a symbolic link that way you use one userbase but all options are still depended.

It was some one that contributed a lot i know he was still active.

Comment

Found it read this http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1289985

Only needs to be adapted for vBulletin 4.

Comment

Indeed. That was before groups, blog, cms.
                I buy 420 forums

Comment

Yes but it should be possible to do even with vBulletin 4, you only need to change for users.

Comment

Let ry and update it for version 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
                      A new release of this has been given to the Alpha test team. That's all there is really at the moment...
                      Is there an update, any progress?

Comment

I'm updating the database modification for vBulletin 4 the main user stuff is done now for the rest.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=254197
                          Is this it?

Comment

good post verry nice

Comment

Originally posted by Berek View Post
                              I've been using IPB, though I'm considering a switch to vBulletin for my next website service.

Though the switch will have its own concerns, the primary on my mind is the use of one central login system and database for multiple URLs with also multiple skins. This way users can keep their profiles, but have choices as to which type of site they would visit from the start.

For example:

SITE 1 = Database A, URL A, Skin A
                              SITE 2 = Database A, URL B, Skin B
                              SITE 3 = Database A, URL C, Skin C

Thanks
                              I want to do exactly the same thing...although I don't mind buying more than one license if someone could point me in the direction of how to do it if I have to (my preference of course would be to pay for only the bits I need but my point is I don't actually mind paying). Would probably be helpful if I could get the three sites to share the same CMS/advertising manager so I could manage the output to separate domains from one CMS.

What I want to do is allow users to access different TLDs from one site and also to output some of the content they generate to a different TLD so that they can use our (login only) site to promote their own businesses to a wider audience but on a different TLD.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X