X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    Please post in the correct forums for support.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by borbole View Post
    I didn''t say that there is such a mod but what the OP asked for it can be done with custom modification
    Maybe I am missing something, but what are you referring to that I've missed?

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Originally posted by Shamil. View Post
    There's no custom modification allowing for that to be done.

I didn''t say that there is such a mod but what the OP asked for it can be done with custom modification

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Well, if that''s what the OP meant then it can be done with a custom mod.
    There's no custom modification allowing for that to be done.

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Originally posted by Shamil. View Post
    Well, if that''s what the OP meant then it can be done with a custom mod.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    You mean this?

http://intranet.radonsystems.net ?

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Originally posted by Kalyse View Post
    Thanks for your rapid respond borbole.

Basically, I have been tasked to create a forum for a company. They are a company with an international presence throughout the world with Franchises set up in dozens of different countries.

One of the requirements in the specification is that the forum is not publically visible. I said that you can hide forums so that no one can see anything unless logged in, however the person who has hired me has said that things need to be obfuscated even more. He doesn't want anything from the forum viewable unless someone has logged in.

ie, the navigations on the top. etc

All that he wants to be visible is a log in screen.

To make an example, you know on some websites, you might visit a landing page which has a central login box in the center of the webpage, and ONLY this log in box. You cannot navigate further unless this has been validated.

I'd like this log in box to be hooked into the users accounts so they can use their standard login.
    Can you post a link to one of those websites?

Such a thing is not possible with vb out of the box but it can be done with a custom mod.

Leave a comment:

• we_are_borg
    replied
    You should use the support forum to ask for support.

Leave a comment:

• Kalyse
    replied
    Do you mean that you want your guests to see the login screen only when loading your forum? If so, when editing Unregistered / Not Logged In group, set Can View Forum, just below Forum Viewing Permissions, to No and save the changes.

Thanks for your rapid respond borbole.

Basically, I have been tasked to create a forum for a company. They are a company with an international presence throughout the world with Franchises set up in dozens of different countries.

One of the requirements in the specification is that the forum is not publically visible. I said that you can hide forums so that no one can see anything unless logged in, however the person who has hired me has said that things need to be obfuscated even more. He doesn't want anything from the forum viewable unless someone has logged in.

ie, the navigations on the top. etc

All that he wants to be visible is a log in screen.

To make an example, you know on some websites, you might visit a landing page which has a central login box in the center of the webpage, and ONLY this log in box. You cannot navigate further unless this has been validated.

I'd like this log in box to be hooked into the users accounts so they can use their standard login.

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Originally posted by Kalyse View Post
    Hi,
    Is there a way to create a landing page login for VBulletin so that it is not clear to anyone viewing the forum homepage what will happen once members log in.

Basically, I need to hide the fact that there is a forum on the site, so that only the 15 or so members who will be given access from within the business know that there is a forum.

I know you can hide forums using the VB options, but I want to go futher than this and completely take one step further back so that people landing can't see anything other than a login. It would be okay having "Powered by VBulletin" and things on the page, I just don't want the forum layout to be on this page.

Is there anything native or addons I can use for this.
    I already own two 3.6 licences but will consider purchasing brand new licences if this is possible.
    Do you mean that you want your guests to see the login screen only when loading your forum? If so, when editing Unregistered / Not Logged In group, set Can View Forum, just below Forum Viewing Permissions, to No and save the changes.

Leave a comment:

• Kalyse
    started a topic Hide Forum

Hide Forum

Hi,
    Is there a way to create a landing page login for VBulletin so that it is not clear to anyone viewing the forum homepage what will happen once members log in.

Basically, I need to hide the fact that there is a forum on the site, so that only the 15 or so members who will be given access from within the business know that there is a forum.

I know you can hide forums using the VB options, but I want to go futher than this and completely take one step further back so that people landing can't see anything other than a login. It would be okay having "Powered by VBulletin" and things on the page, I just don't want the forum layout to be on this page.

Is there anything native or addons I can use for this.
    I already own two 3.6 licences but will consider purchasing brand new licences if this is possible.