Can we customize the vbulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we customize the vbulletin?

I am planning to buy the vbulletin to use the forum, blog and article features in my site. Where as my site will be having other features also. Can I customize the vbulletin software for the look and feel and features and database once i have bought the software?

If so, will you provide the required documentation along the software for customization? And can we use the registration and login features of vBulletin in our site?

What are all i will receive along with the vbulletin software? Only code/ any additional documentation?

I have verified the purchase link, but it is having two 'vBulletin Publishing suite' and 'vBulletin forum license'. what is the different?

-Padmakar

Originally posted by padmakar View Post
    I am planning to buy the vbulletin to use the forum, blog and article features in my site. Where as my site will be having other features also. Can I customize the vbulletin software for the look and feel and features and database once i have bought the software?

If so, will you provide the required documentation along the software for customization? And can we use the registration and login features of vBulletin in our site?

What are all i will receive along with the vbulletin software? Only code/ any additional documentation?

I have verified the purchase link, but it is having two 'vBulletin Publishing suite' and 'vBulletin forum license'. what is the different?

-Padmakar

Hello padmaker,

You can customize the vBulletin software to suit your business needs and wants. Along with the software you will receive documentation on how to install vBulletin into your server as well as tutorials on how to upgrade it.

For customization tutorials, you can search http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ or http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/ for information on how to edit your style or install modifications.

To see the differences in features between vBulletin Publishing Suite and vBulletin Forum License, please click here.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask.

Comment

Yes you can customize the style what you see, the information to restyle you can find on vbulletin.org and one external site that i don't know at the moment. You can use the login and password of vBulletin for other software but then you need to know what you are doing because its md5 with salt. If its still in planning there will be an API for login and password so it becomes easier to integrate with other software. vBulletin is closed source software by that i mean you can view all files nothing is encrypted so you can alter it all if you want.
      You will only recieve the software documentation is not yet done and is scattered around this site far below this forum there is a link to the documentation.

The Suite is CMS, Blog and Forum with unlimited tickets.

Forum only is the forum excluding the CMS and Blog and tickets are free for one month if you need ticket support longer then its 80 dollars for one month.

Really need to type faster

Comment

Thank you for your response. Just summarizing my understanding,

1. We can customize the vBulletin
        2. We can make use of the Login feature of the vBulletin for other features that we develop
        3. We can change the code (styles, logic) of the vBulletin if required
        4. We will receive document about the software, how to customize and how to upgrade
        5. Publishing suite will have additional features like Blog, articles and unlimited ticketing.

I have one more question,
        In the purchase there is quantity selection, what it means?

Can we get the technical support, if so, how quickly we will get response? does the technical support will work round the clock or any specific timings?

-Padmakar

Comment

Originally posted by padmakar View Post
          Thank you for your response. Just summarizing my understanding,

1. We can customize the vBulletin
          2. We can make use of the Login feature of the vBulletin for other features that we develop
          3. We can change the code (styles, logic) of the vBulletin if required
          4. We will receive document about the software, how to customize and how to upgrade
          5. Publishing suite will have additional features like Blog, articles and unlimited ticketing.

I have one more question,
          In the purchase there is quantity selection, what it means?

Can we get the technical support, if so, how quickly we will get response? does the technical support will work round the clock or any specific timings?

-Padmakar
          1. Correct
          2. If you use the hook system yes then its easy but external is harder but not impossible. But you are better of with asking on vbulletin.org
          3. Correct you can see all the coding in vBulletin and you can edit all
          4. No go to http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/ and http://www.vbulletin.org for that.
          5. Correct.

Extra question: Thats if you want to have more then one license the more you take the lower the price per license. Please read this to http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ense-agreement

Comment

Thank you for your response.

I haven't bought the domain yet. Planning to buy once my product is ready.

So, I will buy one license vBulletin and make use of it in the development domain and change the look and feel. Once I have familiar with the vBulletin changes then will install same license in the main domain for make available to all the users. Can we do like this with one license?

And also what is the difference between vBulletin.com and vBulletin.org ?

-Padmakar

Comment

Has long as the test domain is not public protected by login and pass you may test vBulletin there after your customization you transfer it to the correct domain that is allowed but you need to make sure that in the member area the correct URL is given for the public installation. So yes you may if you obey the rules of protecting the test domain.

vBulletin.com is support and some section for licensed people to talk etc. vBulletin.org is addons and talk about modifications and tricks and tips.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X