Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convinced about vBulletin but want to know best INTEGRATION software with MediaWiki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convinced about vBulletin but want to know best INTEGRATION software with MediaWiki

I am convinced VB is the best software for forums, but I need to know what is the best software package for integration with MediaWiki. I MUST have an easy to use intuitive interface for NAIVE users.

The total system (VB + MediaWiki) must be easy to administer and capable of supporting a large user community.

It must also support CUSTOM ADVERTISING rather than the common advertising mechanisms (e.g., Google Adsense, etc.).

What do you recommend?

Originally posted by TonyFulford View Post
    I am convinced VB is the best software for forums, but I need to know what is the best software package for integration with MediaWiki. I MUST have an easy to use intuitive interface for NAIVE users.

The total system (VB + MediaWiki) must be easy to administer and capable of supporting a large user community.

It must also support CUSTOM ADVERTISING rather than the common advertising mechanisms (e.g., Google Adsense, etc.).

What do you recommend?

vB can handle very well both those tasks. It can handle a very large user base and it has a built in ad system that allows you to place any kind of ads you want at your forum, besides google ads.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyFulford View Post

What do you recommend?
      Advertising can be easy with vBulletin there spots in the layout where ads can appear, the ads them self can use scripts and html that should be enough to handle it. There are three wiki add-ons at vBulletin.org all are free but one of them has a paid version its rather good that one use it myself. One of those is a bridge between wiki and vBulletin so it shares users.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X