Examples of vBulletin social networks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jasper Aguila View Post
    The vBulletin forum software has always been a social networking software. The only difference is that it's more targeted towards a certain topic.
    no it hasn't
    vbulletin has always been a forum software first, the last 2 years there has been what you could call social "addons" like custom profiles, usergroups and albums, but to say vB has always been a social networking sites is just a plain lie
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Social Networking is a new term for getting together with like minded people to share info and opinions about whatever it is they have in common.
      In that respect any forum software fits the bill.
      Forums are a TYPE of Social Network.
      Facebook/MySpace and the like are also a type of SN.
      SN just the moniker that the internet has chosen to use for the latest type of network.

Remember that Forums were at one time called "boards".
      A name is a name is a name... but they are all nothing more than software that allows people to interact and "network" with each other socially on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by ruven View Post
        Social Networking is a new term for getting together with like minded people to share info and opinions about whatever it is they have in common.
        In that respect any forum software fits the bill.
        Forums are a TYPE of Social Network.
        Facebook/MySpace and the like are also a type of SN.
        SN just the moniker that the internet has chosen to use for the latest type of network.

Remember that Forums were at one time called "boards".
        A name is a name is a name... but they are all nothing more than software that allows people to interact and "network" with each other socially on the internet.
        9 posts and you're still beyond so many folks here. As a 1986-1999 BBS sysop, I must say that I'm glad to see you around.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper Aguila View Post
          Hi Fratal,

vBulletin itself is a social networking platform. There are many sites that are using the software to power their communities. If you'd like examples, please visit this link....

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ts-and-greater
          Are there any good examples of sites that specifically leverage the social networking features in their communities beyond the traditional forum structure? I am currently looking to convert an existing phpBB community to something more compatible with what people are accustomed to from sites such as Facebook, and I am considering whether the social features in vBulletin 4 would do the job when compared to other products such as PHPFox.
          http://www.statgfx.com

Comment

Originally posted by himselfone View Post
            vBulletin is not and has never been a social networking software.
            from the wiki: social networking software
            Social software encompasses a range of software systems that allow users to interact and share data.
            yup, a forum can be called a social networking software

also...

Originally modeled after the real-world paradigm of electronic bulletin boards of the world before internet was born, internet forums allow users to post a "topic" for others to review. Other users can view the topic and post their own comments in a linear fashion, one after the other. Most forums are public, allowing anybody to sign up at any time. A few are private, gated communities where new members must pay a small fee to join, like the Something Awful Forums.
            -- Web Developer for hire
            ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

hi peoples,

I wish to remember that vbulletin 4 has a feature that we can add a new social button, but it is difficolt for me understand how to add for example twitter, and others cools like myspace, reddit, mr wong....

any help please ??

peace
              my web site using vbullettin, a site dedicated to netlabels, free legally download music, released with creative commons license and more.. is called musicismyworld... enjoy.

Nb: any help with layout is welcome..

peace

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X