Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Leased 3.X and have to renew. Does this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have Leased 3.X and have to renew. Does this work?

I currently have a Leased 3.X license. From what I can understand, I do not wish to run 4.0 but under "Upgrade Existing" I can select this:

Upgrade to vBulletin 4.0 Forum $175.00

And I would be able to keep running my current version for another year?

Yes if you take the upgrade for 175 to vBulletin 4 you can still run vBulletin 3 and because vBulletin 4 is a life time license you don't need to renew anymore. So after a year you don't need to renew if you want to run vBulletin 3.

Comment

Thanks. Can anyone with vbulletin confirm please?

Comment

Hi doubler0204,

we_are_borg is correct. Once you upgrade to vBulletin 4, you will receive a lifetime license for your forum. You don't need to pay for updates until the final release version of 4.x.

You will also gain access to any version of vBulletin prior to the newest release. You may keep running vBulletin 3.x on your forums forever.

Comment

Thank you soo much!

Comment

Hello,

but is there an option for renewing the lease of an 3.x forum? or is the only possible way of running the forum an upgrade to 4?

thx

martin

Comment

Originally posted by mhobelsb View Post
              Hello,

but is there an option for renewing the lease of an 3.x forum? or is the only possible way of running the forum an upgrade to 4?

thx

martin
              No there is no option to renew a leased license you need to buy vBulletin 4 if you want to continue to use your vBulletin 3 site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X