Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to renew, problems to log in. I'm really lost w/ this new way of things.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to renew, problems to log in. I'm really lost w/ this new way of things.

Hi there,

I know you may received several problems like this but imagine, you can only renew once a year. I received an email remminding my licence's about to expire.

I forgot my password and Lord had I gotten myself into a login disneyland. This is what I have:

Your customer number is Jxxxxxxxxx1. Here are the licenses we have on file for you:

Vxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx8 -- vBulletin 3.x Forum (Owned); expires: Sep 18th '10; set to: xxxxxx.com
    I am going to the members area, try to login to no avail, decide to use the retrieving password link, enter my Customer No and email, everything seems OK. Once I got the email and clicked on the link vB sent me this is what I get:

The details submitted did not match any records in our database.
    Hello, I mean...
    Do I have to buy from scratch as if I were a John Doe that just discovered vBulletin?, I obviously don't want to go and buy a new licence as if I were about to opening a forum but rather go into my account and do whatever I need to, but this is crazy, can somebody help so I can finally buy/renew/whatever it is that I need to do in order to keep my site legally up and running?.

Thank you very much!!!.

You don't need to get a new account...

If you cannot get access to your original account; send an email to [email protected] and explain the situation. Give them your customer number and get them to sort this out for you.

Note: The licensing structure has changed; you don't HAVE to upgrade to the new license with an owned license. Your site can operate legally after the expiration date. If you still want to get a new license, just get them to sort out your account and then proceed after that. When you upgrade your existing license, you'll have access to VB3 and VB4 version until VB4 goes end-of-life. There is also a three-month maintenance pack if you do not want to pay the extra cost for a license upgrade at this time.

Good Luck.
    To be updated...

Comment

Good advice as usual from ENF.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Thanks everyone,

At last I could of log in although I still don't know if Id renew or bough I know I did something that cost me about 175 bucks. I guess that will be while vb4 exists although I was already on vb4.

I am expending double money or I did well?.

Comment

Well.

Your previous license was expiring, for sure.

So, it looks like to me you just upgraded to the VB4 license.

You would have lost access to any future versions of VB3 or VB4 after 9/18... but now you won't.

Note: Your now updated license should not have an expiration date, it should only say "Active".
          To be updated...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X