Thinking of buying VBulletin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of buying VBulletin...

I was thinking of buy VBulletin(Once I save some money for it) to make a Pet Forum/Site for information about Pets.

I have experience forumming on VBulletin but I've never used it. Is it easy?

Does anyone have an sample forums/Website

Originally posted by User101 View Post
    I was thinking of buy VBulletin(Once I save some money for it) to make a Pet Forum/Site for information about Pets.

I have experience forumming on VBulletin but I've never used it. Is it easy?

Does anyone have an sample forums/Website
    Yes, vb is easy to use. If you want, have a look at the online demo.

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php

Comment

The administrative back end of Vbulletin is comprehensively easy to navigate. As suggested above, there is a demo you can try before buying.

Comment

If this is your first ever site i would suggest starting with a free product like SMF or something similar.
        Just to get your feet wet.
        Get some experience and then you can simply transfer everything to vB in the future when you decide to buy it.
        vB4 has a lot of options for you, its very through software... may be a bit overwhelming for a first timer.

Comment

For seriously starting a community, I'd start with vbulletin. Whenever you transfer from one software to another, there are not only technical problems like importing passwords (which can be a big issue!), but also the user experience changes. And in communities, users prefer a stable environment.

Comment

I "jumped" into vbulletin with no administration experience, just an avid regular user and lowly mod, I did just fine learning as I went.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper Aguila View Post
              The administrative back end of Vbulletin is comprehensively easy to navigate. As suggested above, there is a demo you can try before buying.
              The back end is easy to navigate? I'd say it's powerful and very robust, but I would never call it easy to navigate or intuitive.

However, the front end is easy to use, and the development community is pretty strong if you wanted custom styles or functionality, so I'd say go ahead if you have the money for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
                I "jumped" into vbulletin with no administration experience, just an avid regular user and lowly mod, I did just fine learning as I went.
                Basically had the same experience, although I did try other forum softwares, I didn't really administrate a forum until I got vbulletin.

Comment

The front-end is most important for any community. vbulletin is good at that. I also like the backend, after you know where everything is placed, it is logical structured! I do not care about "javascript effects" on the backstage. The backstage is clean, very functional and I find everything fast. Everyone can try it out on the vbulletin admin demo.

Comment

Before using vbulletin I tried a couple free boards but nothing to my satisfaction. I google around and found out that vbulletin is basically one of the best out there. The back-end is very easy to navigate , and in no time I was able to get the hang of it.
                    www.vbinspired.com - Affordable + Premium Skins

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X