Suite or Classic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suite or Classic?

I'm in the process of putting together a Forum for my company and I was hoping that you guys could give me some insight. I'm forecasting to have about 100,000-150,000+ members. This number is based on our customer database. My question is which version is best suited to handle such a large membership? Thanks,Michael

The forum part of the package is the same in each. The difference is the addition of the CMS and Blog. Are you going to need either of those? The other difference is the ticket support - if you only purchase the forum package, you get one month of ticket support, with the suite, it is free ticket support for life.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

What does CMS stand for?

Comment

I plan on downloading the demo soon so hopefully my questions will be more focused. We definitely will have a blog so I guess the suite is what we'll be purchasing. We have settled with a reputable web host so hopefully this project will not be too difficult.
        -Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mgonzo1970 View Post
          What does CMS stand for?
          Content Management System.

I plan on downloading the demo soon so hopefully my questions will be more focused. We definitely will have a blog so I guess the suite is what we'll be purchasing. We have settled with a reputable web host so hopefully this project will not be too difficult.
          -Michael
          The Demo is not downloadable, it's hosted on our servers for you to look at.
          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

I've got th suite and although I have the blog and CMS turned off I'm more than happy to have paid the additional for the support that you get.

Comment

Is the professional installation worth the $150 or is it simple enough to install.

Comment

Is the professional installation worth the $150 or is it simple enough to install.
                It's very simple to install, I would use that 150 on a custom skin or custom mods that you might need.
                Here is the manual: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/install
                and if you're still concerned about it, you can go to vbulletin.org and post a paid request and get vb installed and setup for well less then 100$, but really it is easy to setup if you follow the guide
                -- Web Developer for hire
                ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

You're right, it was very simple to install! Which is the best site for skins?

Comment

http://www.minerskinz.com/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X