Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to renew my vbulletin 3 license

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Want to renew my vbulletin 3 license

    Hey guys appologies if this is in the wrong place.

    I'm deciding to bring my old forum back and only have about a month till my license runs out. I went to renew my license but found i can't renew it. My only options are to upgrade to vbulletin 4 suite or forum.

    As much as i like vbulletin i really don't like the look of 4. Is there anyway i can renew my vbulletin 3 license again?

    Thanks.

  • #2
    Originally posted by kentona View Post
    I'm deciding to bring my old forum back and only have about a month till my license runs out.
    ...
    As much as i like vbulletin i really don't like the look of 4. Is there anyway i can renew my vbulletin 3 license again?
    Unfortunately there are no more renewals.


    vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

    Comment


    • #3
      Goto http://members.vbulletin.com/ and press upgrade/renew you see a page that says Purchase New no scroll a bit down till you see "Upgrade Existing" here you can pick "3.x - 3 months Maintenance Pack" thats the one you need to renew.

      There two notes the first is you can only renew a "Owned" license if you have a "Leased" license you need to buy vBulletin 4, but you may run vBulletin 3 with that license. The second note is that vBulletin 3.8.7 will be the last it will not be updated again only security fixes but that also stops soon because it will be EOL real soon.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by we_are_borg View Post
        The second note is that vBulletin 3.8.7 will be the last it will not be updated again only security fixes but that also stops soon because it will be EOL real soon.
        And then vBullentin would cease real soon. Not gonna happen... They will continue to support security fixes for 3.8.7 or they can have reputation fun in the Blogosphere. PHP scripts are not rocket science.

        Comment


        • #5
          I only have a leased license so looks like i will have to save up.

          Thanks for the help.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pcunite View Post
            And then vBullentin would cease real soon. Not gonna happen... They will continue to support security fixes for 3.8.7 or they can have reputation fun in the Blogosphere. PHP scripts are not rocket science.
            Well if you look at the announcements when 4.1 or 4.2 comes there will only be security updates but that will end after some time to, but after an x amount of time its not necessary anymore.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
              Unfortunately there are no more renewals.
              This is not entirely accurate.

              If you had an Owned license, you could renew for 3 months.

              But with a Leased license, your only choice is to pay full price for vBulletin 4. You may continue to use vBulletin 3 even with the new license.

              Comment


              • #8
                umm I have a question too, is this discount service for Vbulletin 3 users going to last forever, or will it become unavailable in a few months? My license expired in April, 2010, and I'd like to wait till VB4.10 to be released before renewing to a 3 months new license.

                Comment


                • #9
                  And then vBullentin would cease real soon. Not gonna happen... They will continue to support security fixes for 3.8.7 or they can have reputation fun in the Blogosphere. PHP scripts are not rocket science.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by we_are_borg View Post
                    Goto http://members.vbulletin.com/ and press upgrade/renew you see a page that says Purchase New no scroll a bit down till you see "Upgrade Existing" here you can pick "3.x - 3 months Maintenance Pack" thats the one you need to renew.

                    There two notes the first is you can only renew a "Owned" license if you have a "Leased" license you need to buy vBulletin 4, but you may run vBulletin 3 with that license. The second note is that vBulletin 3.8.7 will be the last it will not be updated again only security fixes but that also stops soon because it will be EOL real soon.
                    No where on my purchse page does it give any "3.X- 3 month Maintainence Pack."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Did you click on Customer Login at the top of the page and get logged in?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                        Did you click on Customer Login at the top of the page and get logged in?
                        Yes. All it gives is this:

                        Upgrade to vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite $250.00
                        Upgrade to vBulletin 4.0 Forum $175.00
                        No Upgrade

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Because you have a leased license. Those are not eligable for an extension. You need to upgrade/purchase a new license.

                          Comment

                          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X