No announcement yet.

ipb & ipcontent or vb publishing suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just view the meta description of vbulletin.com blog entries for example:<meta name="description" content="4.1 feature - Customizable user profiles IB Adrian's vBulletin Blog" />

It should include part of the blog entry, not only entry title & blog name, isn't it? sometimes entry title is so short that Google does not index.

Also let's see the meta description of the threads:

<meta name="description" content="Is anyone else bothered by that or it is just me? It seems like this kind of thing is popping up in every thread now and it is getting extremly annoying and irritating to say the least.

For ex, when someone posts that he is very happy and impressed with the vb, all those whinners will jump in ruing the thread with their off topic million time said rubbish like how vb is not good, like how this is bad or that terrible etc etc.

The vb staff is way too tolerant with these kind of" />

It's too long and has line jumps.

http://www.bragasusadas.com/album.php

braguitas album has broken image. I'm not going to disable all plugins and make a new style because I have this problem since 4.0.4PL1 fresh installation and I'm sure it has nothing to do with it.

I see the pagination buttons vertically disaligned by 1 pixel in 3.6.8 Firefox in vbulletin.com, I'm the only one? I have read about this problem in this forum.

I have paid for a premium product and I see tons of things bad done.
    I could sell you my unused vB4 Suite license, but I'm not so cruel...

Comment

That picture that is broken is showing correct picture id 1968 is set as cover and it shows only the tag Foto in it so the one you gave the link to http://www.bragasusadas.com/album.php is showing the right thing. The problem is in the following URL http://www.bragasusadas.com/album.php?albumid=71 you there see the name "foto' and is not showing anything at all but if i click on it it show me a picture. The dimension is 1280px 960px it can be that a thumbnail could not be created because of that the other images have the dimension 320px 240px so i would first look at settings in the user groups (set album permissions at least on the 1280px x 960px) also would check if you have set the settings for AdminCP>Settings>Options>Image Settings correct most common is GD but if you have access to ImageMagick 6 (Provider must support it) use that one. You can also look if all files are supported under Maintenance>PHP Info look for GD and ImageMagick on that page.

Comment

Thanks! I'll try with ImageMagick6.
        I could sell you my unused vB4 Suite license, but I'm not so cruel...

Comment

Originally posted by Micronichos View Post
          Thanks! I'll try with ImageMagick6.
          Don't forget to check the permissions under the user groups there are dimensions there.

p.s. I have no clue if thumbnail will be created or that you need to retry it by making another picture the front cover first.

Comment

Have tested on my own forum and on my test installation and the picture is not to blame its valid.

Comment

ipb + ip.content = win

Comment

In vbulletin-chrome.css it seems that ".navtabs li.selected a.navtab" controls the navbar.

Comment

Well after having done some casting around I can not in good conscience purchase vbulletin 4, the simple amount of people that have negative opinions all for various reasons is just too large. None of them have had an **I hate Vbulletin** type attitude, most have listed their issues in private messages, so it is with that I have purchased ipb, it is not without its own shortcomings, but they all don't seem that hard to overcome.. I really was hoping to have engaged Vbulletin staff in this thread but I guess that was not to be, the level of service invision has provided, is second to none, it seems getting a reply from Vbulletin takes too much and or too long.

Comment

ip.content is nice, but honestly that is one of the only things I like about IPB
                    vbulletin works fine for my needs

as far as your disappointment that a vb staff member hasn't replied, what did you really expect them to say?
                    1. they would obviously support and tell you to go with vB
                    2. this has been asked a number of times already and the suggestion to ask on a neutral site is still your best option

go ask at ipb which to get, ipb or vb with vbseo, ofcourse their going to say ipb just like most here would say vBulletin

and ps.. the "meta issues" mentioned above.. I have the blogs and every page has a unique meta tag. Most the "issues" ppl complain about, can be fixed
                    -- Web Developer for hire
                    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Honestly, we really try hard not to get tied up in vs debates, we(sales/support staff) might be familiar with a feature set, but its unlikely we have any expirence with the competetors product. We're also not the best judges, we're going to be baised. If I missed a normal question about the software you had I'm sorry.

I am glad you have made your choice and I wish you the best of luck with your new site and community

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                        Honestly, we really try hard not to get tied up in vs debates, we(sales/support staff) might be familiar with a feature set, but its unlikely we have any expirence with the competetors product. We're also not the best judges, we're going to be baised. If I missed a normal question about the software you had I'm sorry.

I am glad you have made your choice and I wish you the best of luck with your new site and community
                        I understand your reluctance to get involved in vs debates, but that is not what the idea of the thread was. Simply to nothing more than give vbulletin a chance to highlight its hight points and strength, and to also perhaps explain what the issue is with so many people complaining about bad support, if perhaps there was something more behind it. The reason in my mentioning I was considering Ipcontent, was simply so maybe you could have mentioned VB cms's high point What it does strongly, and even perhaps some of its weaknesses, for the sake of transparency.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X