Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Run VB on multiple sites with a single database and single administration interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sticky View Post
    If there is nothing special about it why does it seem so hard to get this?

That's exactly what I want, same database, and template edits for each domain which makes it easy to manage as well as allowing different styles for each domain.

M3post.com and e90post.com use this setup but are holding onto their secret.
    It gives them an advantage

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      It gives them an advantage
      Exactly, and isn't it your job to help to help us?

That is what I want, I am a paying customer, I want to give you guys more money, so... I just don't understand.

Comment

I've done it in the past, I don't have any working code at the moment so there isn't anything to provide. If I or anyone else released it, it wouldn't be supported.

Comment

I've done it in the past, I don't have any working code at the moment so there isn't anything to provide. If I or anyone else released it, it wouldn't be supported.
          Zachery can't you remake the code with the developers and grant the users some right to use and alter it, if its unsupported it's no big deal for most of us. In the end people will still help one and other if they have questions.

Comment

If it is not supported it really doesn't matter as that is where vbulletin.org comes in. It would be a start and better than having nothing. It would certainly be appreciated as a step in the right direction.

Comment

I might buy another license if you can make this happen.

Comment

Originally posted by LilPimpnRapper View Post
                I might buy another license if you can make this happen.
                I'll buy a few.

Comment

A very important tool, i think............

Comment

Originally posted by jörgk View Post
                    A very important tool, i think............
                    It already exists just a matter of us getting it for VB 4.

There are sites that use this successfully already.

Comment

Originally posted by IBxAnders View Post
                      I released this as a product a while back; but it was early alpha - I eventually removed the product. I've always wanted to clean it up, add a few more features and release it for vB 4.0; I think it's a really cool feature.
                      Would you mind answering your PM's please?

Comment

It already exists just a matter of us getting it for VB 4.

There are sites that use this successfully already.
                        I know......I cant understand why ib/vb offers not this tool and give support to this.

Comment

What I find weird is that having this function available, would immediately result in sales for vbulletin. So it would make a lot of sense to have this available. Doesn't IB want our cash??? Now I'm really lost.
                          I buy 420 forums

Comment

Hello,
                            how can i add one database for users in multi vb forum for example i have :-
                            www.myname.com/vb1
                            www.myname.com/vb2
                            www.myname.com/vb3

how can i add all users in one database (only users)
                            for example user who registered in vb1 he can also login in vb2 and vb3 with out registered agine but when he create a thread in vb1 the thread available in vb1 only not all 3 vbs

briefly he can access all the forums and he can create different topics in each forum Without repeating the subject in the three forums.

i want you to know :-the three forums in the same server not different server (sub-Domins)
                            Please How can i do that its important to me let me ?
                            i will wait your replay thanks
                            Qudama.
                            Last edited by sonyqda; Sat 28 Aug '10, 10:37pm.

Comment

Please read the topic in full.

Comment

I am sure you would switch to IPB now

Wait, IPB supports this?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X