Login Modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login Modification

Was looking into purchasing vBulletin to use on a website I am working on but I have a login system created for it already that clients log into. I heard it takes a bit of work to incorporate my login system into the vBulletin message board. So I have 2 questions,

1.) Can I let a user login anywhere on my site and then let them access the message board and not have to make them login again?
    2.) If so what is involved? Do I need to just set a session up for that user?

Any help on this would be great as I don't want to waste the money on purchasing this software if I can't do what I want.

Thanks for your time and any help you can provide,

Jeremy

You can use the login name and password from vBulletin to use on your own site, also there is a modification out there that uses LDAP for login.

Comment

Thanks for the fast response we_are_borg. I was assuming that I could access the username and password of the user but is there any info I would need to set for that user like say a session id or something along those lines so that when a user logins on say the home page and then selects a link to go to the message board that the message board will know they have already logged in?

Also is the password and encrypted with MD5 or something? Is this a setting that can be adjusted?

Again thanks for any info you can provide,

Jeremy

Comment

Well you better ask PHP guys but the password is encrypted and it uses a salt technique thats all i know. If you know how the salt and encryption is working on the pass word you should in therie be able to access the database and let people login on non vBulletin pages. I'm not that good in PHP but if you know how it works it should be possible.

Comment

I believe it is a double md5 hash with 10 character salt. Not 100% sure but I know that I am close .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X