Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does "Profile Page" looks different from real forums than the screenshots itself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does "Profile Page" looks different from real forums than the screenshots itself?

I love how the profile layout look in the MAIN vB.com screenshots demo page, BUT not the from real forums itself.

Why are the two looks so different..? Can I get the one that look in the demo screenshot?

Please see attachment for differences:
    Attached Files

The demo screenshot shows an older version of the profil page I would guess.

Comment

One of those screenshots appears to be a Blog screenshot, the other is a User Profile.
      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
        One of those screenshots appears to be a Blog screenshot, the other is a User Profile.
        No, he means the user profile here on the demo site and as most of that screeshots there they are outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
          The demo screenshot shows an older version of the profil page I would guess.
          No,that's the NEW one.

The one you CURRENTLY see if you go to your profile now.. this layout has been like this ever since vB 4 came out.. layout never changes.

There's ONLY one kind of user profile page bro.

No, he means the user profile here on the demo site and as most of that screeshots there they are outdated.
          Answered same as above.

Comment

Ok, to be more clear these are old screenshots from alpha stages or what so ever... you only need to compare the forum screenshot, it's also outdated. Or do you really think the forum screenshot is also new?

Comment

I know what he means, I'm not sure he does though, because he has compared a BLOG screenshot to a User Profile one.
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

I know what he means, I'm not sure he does though, because he has compared a BLOG screenshot to a User Profile one.
                No he don't, he was comparing only user profiles, he didn't said anything from a blog nor did he showed a blog sreenshot. Or did I missed anything?

Comment

No he don't, he was comparing only user profiles, he didn't said anything from a blog nor did he showed a blog sreenshot.
                  You've hit right on

I never mentioned anything about the blogs, beside there's no such thing as blogs profile page.. ONLY users profile.. don't know how some can get confused..

Comment

Indeed, those screen shots are VERY old. I also like the Alpha version a bit better. And I think "he" is actually a "she"
                    No...No...Meester vBulletin, he no work right.

Comment

One of my friends still using 4.0.1 and the profile looks exactly as the ones in 4.0.5.

Is the screenshot I provided are the layouts of Alpha and Gold version?

Comment

Originally posted by netblix View Post
                        One of my friends still using 4.0.1 and the profile looks exactly as the ones in 4.0.5.

Is the screenshot I provided are the layouts of Alpha and Gold version?
                        Those are layouts from when it was still in Alpha.

Comment

OMG.. I want alpha now...

If I buy VB suite now can I still download alpha version?

Comment

Originally posted by netblix View Post
                            OMG.. I want alpha now...

If I buy VB suite now can I still download alpha version?
                            No, you are not able to download the Alpha version. And you wouldn't want it as it is riddled with bugs. But, if you have any CSS/HTML skills, you could mimic the look that you like. Or, you could find someone who can.

Comment

You can always edit the template to make the layout how you want it. Perhaps look over on vbulletin.org and see if any of the submitted styles have a layout like that.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X