Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to decide wether to get vBB again or not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to decide wether to get vBB again or not.

Hello, I'll try to make this short.

Several years back I've bought a vbb 3.x license and was very happy with the software. However today I'm actually seeking to setup a forum again. And was looking at vBB 4.

But 2 things I totally dislike, and I'm wondering if these can be disabled or changed easily.

When using the Post new thread, or advanced editor, this no longer is shown in full width of the screen, instead just a small portion.
    I also seem to recall the height of the text box being larger?

Anyway the second thing that I really dislike is that images show up in the text editor when you import them (and again when you edit a post). Is it possible to revert this again to just show the [img][/img] tags when you're using the text editor (also quick edit for that matter).

Or would I be better off using 3.x again ? If I remember correctly, buying a license also allows you to download the older versions right?

Yes you'd have rights to use the older versions of vB including 3.8.6 PL1, the most recent vB3 release. The choice is of course up to you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X