updating to 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• updating to 4

i have not been active on here for a long time so an apology if this has been covered - sure it has

i own a licence for vb3 - currently running 3.8.2 - with vb advanced - i need to update to the latest vd3 at least

but from there i am not sure what the licence allows - my annual licence support thing expires in October and i have seen the 3 month offer - is that it - has the 12 month period finished on 3

and if i want to go to 4 is that covered by my licence or is there a payment to be made just to use it - if my licence is ok for 4 - what is the deal with support - is that an annual payment

tia

If your 3.8 license is still valid you can download and install the latest version of 4 if you want, but if you don't buy the 4 license you won't be able to upgrade to the latest version. If you buy the 4 license you will have access to every 4.x version forever and free support via the forums... ticket support ends in 1 year.

Comment

if you just want to upgrade to the letest vb3 you can take 3 X 3 package

Comment

Originally posted by Subah View Post
        if you just want to upgrade to the letest vb3 you can take 3 X 3 package
        Originally posted by tony adams
        my annual licence support thing expires in October
        No he can't (assuming his comment in the first post is accurate).

The 3x3 extension does not apply to Leased licenses, which are the ones that have annual renewals.
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
          No he can't (assuming his comment in the first post is accurate).

The 3x3 extension does not apply to Leased licenses, which are the ones that have annual renewals.
          His first words on the second line were "I own a license..."

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
            His first words on the second line were "I own a license..."
            Indeed. He then goes on to say that his annual support thing expires in October.

Confusing, I agree. It's either one or the other.
            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Indeed. He then goes on to say that his annual support thing expires in October.

Perhaps he did not realise yet that there is no such thing as annual licence support anymore.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

He owns a license but his support expires in October, I don't see what is confusing... I 'owned' a 3.8 license and its support (access to upgrades, ticket support) expired 2 weeks ago.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X